Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson on Strategy Against Tank: 'Just Don't Get Knocked Out...Someone Like Me, I'll Be Good'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson on Strategy Against Tank: 'Just Don't Get Knocked Out...Someone Like Me, I'll Be Good'

Shakur Stevenson already knows the manner in which he can hang a victory over Gervonta Davis should the two ever meet in the ring. Stevenson, the recently unified 130-pound champion from Newark, New Jersey, was ringside for Davis' sixth-round stoppage of Rolando Romero in their WBA lightweight title fight last month at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Following the win, the southpaw Stevenson offered a straightforward strategy of how to defuse the Baltimore puncher.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I could see Stevenson boxing circles around Tank. He’d have to be on his A game and not make a mistake because Tank can put his lights out. If he moves up to 135 soon, things will get very interesting. One of the deepest divisions in boxing.

Comment

1st big mistake young man is to think Tank is all about power.The fights that Tank fall behind on the cards its his own doing wake up and smell the coffe.Tank is a very smart fighter and you will find out soon

Comment

Originally posted by BOXINGSD View Post
        1st big mistake young man is to think Tank is all about power.The fights that Tank fall behind on the cards its his own doing wake up and smell the coffe.Tank is a very smart fighter and you will find out soon
        I think people seem to ignore tank boxing ability. He’s very underrated in that area. I’d still say Shakur skills have him leading the pack on his own. He has to prove this though by beating everyone then going up to 135.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadMan94 View Post

I think people seem to ignore tank boxing ability. He’s very underrated in that area. I’d still say Shakur skills have him leading the pack on his own. He has to prove this though by beating everyone then going up to 135.
          Ya some of them knockouts are counter punchers very well set up, that's what I noticed a couple of this new generations do is counter with haymaker like punches very impressive
          RoadMan94 RoadMan94 likes this.

Comment

Je vais vous prédire l'avenir premierement floyd ne laissera jamais sont poulin s'aprocher de shakur stevenson cela le conduirait le tank davis a sa premiere defaite....! Et VA SE FAIRE exposer devant un grand public et shakur stevenson va acomplir en boxe plus que ce que floyd a fait....! Regarder ce que je dit dans une coupe d'année et vous direz ce mec a une boule de crystal pouaaaa bonne journé
            Last edited by therockboxe; 07-01-2022, 09:01 AM.

Comment

This is a very interesting match in terms of styles : Gervonta's compact short stature forces his opponents to over-extend, this enables 'Tank' to counter-punch with regularity, his wicked-body shots once his opponents are lured into range are some of the best in the game.

Davis' offense is deceptive and versatile, from the back-foot counter-puncher, to the front-foot aggressor. If necessary or if the circumstances are appropriate, 'Tank' will rely on his athleticism to loop hooks at unexpected moments in the fight, that land with surprising accuracy.

Yeah, thanks for reading. Dropping real facts, vote for me at Poster of the year for the second year in a row.

Comment

great strategy, just win all the rounds and dont get knocked out. Weird none of Tank's opponents thought of that one

Comment

As good as Tank is, Shakur would box his head off. Can't see anyone beating him up to 140.
                  Last edited by TheSlickster; 07-01-2022, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXINGSD View Post
                    Tank is a smart fighter , but he does have a tendency to fall behind the score cards

2 things can be right at the same time

Comment

Working...
                    X