Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kownacki: Demirezen Fight Is Must-Win If I Want To Stay Relevant In Heavyweight Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kownacki: Demirezen Fight Is Must-Win If I Want To Stay Relevant In Heavyweight Division

Adam Kownacki is not abandoning his dream of becoming the first Polish heavyweight to win a major title. However, he fully acknowledges that he has entered sink or swim territory heading into his next fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Demi -who? Again the HW division is still the division of ducking and BS. Most of these guys are going to age out before they get the chance to make their mark, so why not lay your chips down now and take a gamble?

Fans will respect a fighter far more for taking a risk than a wait-and-see contender who fights fellow nobodies hoping they get the sudden call-up for a pay-day.

The irony is we have more undisputed champions now than possibly we've ever had - yet there is a nagging feeling that this won't last, eventually, the penny-pinching sanctioning bodies will back the marketable stars to stay undisputed, and the rest will get stripped first by the IBF, then WBA and wash rinse repeat.

Truth is no one gives a pigeon **** about Kownacki until he steps up - so this is filler journalism.

Comment

Chisora would have been a good fight for him
      PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

You were never relevant

Comment

Yeah , I’m convinced K is done
          He’ll never be elite at heavyweight
          Better to ride away than taking those big shots

Comment

Originally posted by PotentialToast View Post
            Chisora would have been a good fight for him
            That would have been a great fight for everyone; kownacki, chisora, the fans.
            PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
              Demi -who? Again the HW division is still the division of ducking and BS. Most of these guys are going to age out before they get the chance to make their mark, so why not lay your chips down now and take a gamble?

Fans will respect a fighter far more for taking a risk than a wait-and-see contender who fights fellow nobodies hoping they get the sudden call-up for a pay-day.

The irony is we have more undisputed champions now than possibly we've ever had - yet there is a nagging feeling that this won't last, eventually, the penny-pinching sanctioning bodies will back the marketable stars to stay undisputed, and the rest will get stripped first by the IBF, then WBA and wash rinse repeat.

Truth is no one gives a pigeon **** about Kownacki until he steps up - so this is filler journalism.
              Demirezen lost a close 10 rd UD to Ajagba but if it went 12 it may have been different. He took all of Ajagba’s best punches & landed a lot of his own in the 2nd half of the fight. In my opinion it was him who proved Ajagba wasn’t some monster. He then retired Gerald Washington by stopping him. He was a turkish olympian & has those 2 fights in the US on big platforms. I think he will beat Kownacki. He can take a punch & he has some skills. Just because you never heard of him doesn’t mean he isn’t any good. He was on the undercard of Ortiz/Martin when he best Washington & when he fought Ajagba I think it was on Showbox the next generation. Kownacki actually is a good draw among Polish fans & usually puts a lot of butts in the Barclay Centre…
              Last edited by joe strong; 07-01-2022, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post

Demirezen lost a close 10 rd UD to Ajagba but if it went 12 it may have been different. He took all of Ajagba’s best punches & landed a lot of his own in the 2nd half of the fight. In my opinion it was him who proved Ajagba wasn’t some monster. He then retired Gerald Washington by stopping him. He was a turkish olympian & has those 2 fights in the US on big platforms. I think he will beat Kownacki. He can take a punch & he has some skills. Just because you never heard of him doesn’t mean he isn’t any good. He was on the undercard of Ortiz/Martin when he best Washington & when he fought Ajagba I think it was on Showbox the next generation. Kownacki actually is a good draw among Polish fans & usually puts a lot of butts in the Barclay Centre…
                I was about to write something similar. Demirezen was an accomplished amateur and he's a pretty good fighter. Technically skilled pressure fighter with good defensive awareness. He's a bit slow and doesn't seem and I'm not sure how much one punch pop he has.

I think he beats Kownacki but I suspect it will be a very entertaining fight. The Turk is the better fighter, Kownacki has to hope his chin doesn't fail him and he can just win rounds by sheer volume. I have my doubts that will happen.

Comment

Bro you got stopped twice by Helenius, and he isnt relevant at the elite level either.

Comment

Working...
                  X