Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Christian Thun-Curtis Harper Set As Co-Feature For July 9 ProBox TV Show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Christian Thun-Curtis Harper Set As Co-Feature For July 9 ProBox TV Show

The full undercard has been revealed for the next ProBox TV show. The previously announced headliner pits rising junior welterweight Cesar Francis (10-0, 6KOs) against former lightweight titlist Raymundo Beltran (37-9-1, 23KOs) on the July 9 show from ProBox Events Center in Plant City, Florida. In the televised co-feature, German heavyweight Christian Thun (8-0, 6 KOs) is set it to return in an eight-round bout against Curtis Harper (13-8, 9 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 06-30-2022, 10:04 AM.

Ain't Curtis Harper the dude whe walked out the ring vs Ajagba?

Comment

Undercard is solid interested to see Brandon G. After last years fight of the year contender. As well as other prospects all solid all fighting decent opposition at the current stage of thier careers

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
        Ain't Curtis Harper the dude whe walked out the ring vs Ajagba?
        That was exactly what I thought when I saw his name and yes that would be him. According to Harper and his team, he walked out in protest over the poor treatment he received at the hands of the promoter. He signed a contract for $6k to fight Efe on an untelevised bout but the promotion sent back the signed contract and he learned the bout would be televised so he asked for more money and they refused but never provided him the contract with both signatures. That's his story at least.

Anyway the card is interestimg.as we have two untested prospects against very shopworn veterans. Beltran is not the same guy that won the WBO title 5 years ago.

Harper was once a tough slugger who had a wild brawl with Arreola but he's lost all but one fight since then. I'm not sure how much he's really trying to win when he steps in the ring. We'll see...I will be tuning in.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

That was exactly what I thought when I saw his name and yes that would be him. According to Harper and his team, he walked out in protest over the poor treatment he received at the hands of the promoter. He signed a contract for $6k to fight Efe on an untelevised bout but the promotion sent back the signed contract and he learned the bout would be televised so he asked for more money and they refused but never provided him the contract with both signatures. That's his story at least.

Anyway the card is interestimg.as we have two untested prospects against very shopworn veterans. Beltran is not the same guy that won the WBO title 5 years ago.

Harper was once a tough slugger who had a wild brawl with Arreola but he's lost all but one fight since then. I'm not sure how much he's really trying to win when he steps in the ring. We'll see...I will be tuning in.
          I think once a boxer loses any ambition he had, it never seems to come back, especially for boxers on that kind of level. I wouldn't be surprised if he had 10-15 more fights and lost the lot of them. I remember Larry Olubamiwo, got to 9-1, then for splattered by John Mcdermott, then kept fighting and kept losing, must have lost about 15 in a row to end his career after being 9-1. Nash out.
          PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Efe just scared Curtis senseless with his stare across the ring.

Still the quickest KO in boxing history and he didn't even have to punch him: 0:01, RD 1.

Men lie, women lie, numbers don't lie.

Efe the goat.

Comment

Working...
            X