Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Cites Lack of Communication in Usyk Loss, Nobody Told Him He Was Losing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua Cites Lack of Communication in Usyk Loss, Nobody Told Him He Was Losing

Anthony Joshua doesn't believe you can read too much into a face-off, but as well as a new haircut, there was one notable difference as he stood face to face with Oleksandr Usyk since their meeting last September.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't usually read much into what boxers say, but I'm pleased to hear Joshua saying this.

It's a proper step out from McCracken. We all know he failed him on the night - Joshua needed to admit it.

If Joshua is back to wanting to bust people up... The division should take notice.

Comment

”“I swear I thought I was [winning]. I thought I was looking like Muhammad Ali in there,” he said.”

maybe the 1981 version

Comment

Deluded. He was a few seconds away from getting stopped, Usyk beat the crap out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
          I don't usually read much into what boxers say, but I'm pleased to hear Joshua saying this.

It's a proper step out from McCracken. We all know he failed him on the night - Joshua needed to admit it.

If Joshua is back to wanting to bust people up... The division should take notice.
          Pleased to hear him saying this? If he had to be told he was losing that fight then he has bigger problems than a trainer can coach.

Comment

Huh ?!?!?

While it would be nice if a boxer knew what the OFFICIAL score is......

Play it safe and assume you're losing.
            OldTerry OldTerry TMLT87 TMLT87 like this.

Comment

Obviously in the heat of the moment when the adrenaline is flowing etc you can have a skewed perspective of how things are playing out. But still....its Usyk man, dont take any ****ing chances.

Comment

Boxers are deluded, they have to be at the top level. It's perfectly normal for them to feel a fight is going better than it may be.

A VERY scant few (fury, mayweather) can get away with little to no coaching from the corner but that's not the norm even at the elite level, even Lewis and Klitschko NEEDED coaching in the corner.

Joshua got NO help from his corner vs Usyk nor did he vs Ruiz 1, its clear to me Mcracken isn't very good at coaching through a fight. If things start going wrong he is clueless. As Joshua isn't a tactical mastermind he needs clear and clever instruction which he did not get from Rob.

Nothing Joshua said here is outlandish, it makes perfect sense but people stiiiiiiillllllll find reason to hate on him lol.
                Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 06-30-2022, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                  Boxers are deluded, they have to be at the top level. It's perfectly normal for them to feel a fight is going better than it may be.

A VERY scant few (fury, mayweather) can get away with little to no coaching from the corner but that's not the norm even at the elite level, even Lewis and Klitschko NEEDED coaching in the corner.

Joshua got NO help from his corner vs Usyk nor did he vs Ruiz 1, its clear to me Mcracken isn't very good at coaching through a fight. If things start going wrong he is clueless. As Joshua isn't a tactical mastermind he needs clear and clever instruction which he did not get from Rob.

Nothing Joshua said here is outlandish, it makes perfect sense but people stiiiiiiillllllll find reason to hate on him lol.
                  Robert Garcia is an insanely good trainer, and he will coach Joshua properly in the fight.

But still, Usyk is going to give him a worse beating this time around.

Comment

Wtf did I just read? He was delusional or just straight lying

Comment

Working...
                    X