Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Retirement - Brother Robert Feels He Made Right Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Retirement - Brother Robert Feels He Made Right Decision

Mikey Garcia, a former four-division champion, is stepping away from boxing at the age of 34. Garcia, who finishes his career with a record of 40-2 against 30 knockouts, made the news relatively inconspicuously on his Instagram page, in which he changed his profile to read "Retired World Champ 126, 130, 135, 140 lbs."
    [Click Here To Read More]

Retired by Sandor Martin.

Sad

Comment

He likes food more than fighting should’ve never went above 135
      GelfSara GelfSara likes this.

Comment

You have to want to be a fighter.

If you don't then it's best to get out of the sport.

Comment

Good career but I feel like Mikey Garcia underachieved given his talents. Only A level fighter we saw him against was Spence in a needless jump to 147. Other than that there’s isn’t much. He was, what, the fifth guy to beat Broner? That’s his best win.
          Oregonian Oregonian likes this.

Comment

He had a great career! He was feared for a reason. I still think he sucker punched Zlatcanin though.

Comment

Watching Garcia look for the way out against Salado told me all I needed to know about his commitment at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post
                Retired by Sandor Martin.

Sad
                Oddly enough it often takes losses to mediocre opponents to get former champs to wrap it up
                Topdogggbm Topdogggbm likes this.

Comment

Salute to Mikey! He had a great career, and if it wasn't for Bob Arum, it would've been even better! However I'm glad he won his legal battle too! I could see Mikey in the U.S. Congress one day!
                  Topdogggbm Topdogggbm likes this.

Comment

Mikey had a great career, Was a special fighter 135 and under

Comment

Working...
                    X