Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pedro Campa Cleared To Face Teofimo Lopez, Set For August 13 In Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pedro Campa Cleared To Face Teofimo Lopez, Set For August 13 In Las Vegas

Teofimo Lopez Jr. will return to the city that officially crowned him a king. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that plans are finalized for Lopez's August 13 ring return to relocate to Las Vegas from its originally targeted South Florida destination. The former lineal and unified lightweight champion will face Mexico's Pedro Campa at Resorts World Las Vegas, atop an ESPN telecast that will mark Lopez's official run in the junior welterweight division, as previously reported in separate breaking news stories by BoxingScene.com and ESPN.com.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Something is wrong with Teofimo. He didn't leave 135, he got run out.

Comment

It looks like Josh Taylor has dropped the WBC and WBO on the account that Teofimo is ranked by both sanctioning bodies, but it appears that the 'Tart-Tomato' has kept the IBF.

Comment

So Campa gets cleared to fight Lopez but wasn't cleared to fight Zepeda. Is there any "clear" explanation for this?
        eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by indelible View Post
          So Campa gets cleared to fight Lopez but wasn't cleared to fight Zepeda. Is there any "clear" explanation for this?
          My thinking is the boxing community has decided Lopez wasn't any good to begin with, after losing to that bum. As soon as he fights anyone decent again at 140, he's losing. It may even be this Campa stumblebum, as Arum calls it.
          Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 06-29-2022, 06:42 PM.

Comment

going to be a lot on here eating humble pie when teo clears out the lot at 140 one off night when you wasnt fit to be in the ring does not overnight make you a bad fighter......i just think most of you still cant accept circusclownchenko had his head boxed to a standstill by lopez...**** happens

Comment

Originally posted by jikeccfc View Post
              going to be a lot on here eating humble pie when teo clears out the lot at 140 one off night when you wasnt fit to be in the ring does not overnight make you a bad fighter......i just think most of you still cant accept circusclownchenko had his head boxed to a standstill by lopez...**** happens
              You have a point about Loma (too many excuses by his fans). I really started to wonder about him too. Beating Commey doesn't impress me at all. One can go two ways with this: Neither Loma nor Lopez is that good or they both had bad nights (excuses). Kambosos must've had a bad night too?

Too many excuses with these guys after a loss.
              Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 06-29-2022, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                My thinking is the boxing community has decided Lopez wasn't any good to begin with, after losing to that bum. As soon as he fights anyone decent boxer again at 140, he's losing. It may even be this Campa stumblebum, as Arum calls it.
                Yeah you could be right. Lopez has lost confidence in himself after that loss and from family affairs. There could be a possible upset with this one.
                BoxingIsGreat BoxingIsGreat likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by jikeccfc View Post
                  And Lopez will never clear anything, although 140 is one of the weakest divisions, historically and now. Lopez ain't that good, period.
                  Mrbinuk Mofias likes this.

Comment

Why are they so fixated on the unknown Campa who only fights on those Telemundo type shows?

Comment

Working...
                    X