Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Figueroa Talks Castro Bout, Fulton Rematch, Facing Magsayo-Vargas Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brandon Figueroa Talks Castro Bout, Fulton Rematch, Facing Magsayo-Vargas Winner

Former world champion and all-action fan-favorite Brandon "The Heartbreaker" Figueroa expects to showcase his power and speed when he moves up in weight and makes his 126-pound debut against Carlos Castro in a WBC Featherweight Title Eliminator that serves as the co-main event live on SHOWTIME Saturday, July 9 from the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas in an event presented by Premier Boxing Champions.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I thought Fig. Beat Fulton
    macmike100 macmike100 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      I thought Fig. Beat Fulton
      me too. I didn't like how he went about it right after the fight but he's young and that was probably part of it. I thought he won a close competitive fight though

Comment

It was a close fight but I preferred Fulton and the judges agreed. He cried like a baby after the fight and should've stayed for a rematch if he thought otherwise. Don't cry and move up, stay for a rematch if that's the case. Rally poor behavior in ring after the fight.

Comment

I’ve watched that fight a couple of times since and I think it could have gone either way. It was a damn good scrape and unfortunately the Texan didn’t win. Best of luck to him in the future. One of the nicest kids I have met in the sport and a real gentlemen to boxing fans here in the lone star state
          Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

Carlos Castro, from "promising" to "ruined" in just two fights.

Comment

I thought Brandon beat Fulton by being the aggressor and landing more punches. Fulton turned on in flashes, landing at times, but Brandon was on constantly. Showtime seems to select replays that lean to one fighters favor and that can throw a viewing fan off, plus commentators seem to have favorites they’ll even carry on a conversation while their non favorite is landing as if nothing was happening.
              Last edited by Jrock56; 06-29-2022, 11:43 PM.

Comment

"We’re both coming off fresh losses and moving up in weight, so I know we’re stepping into that ring to make a statement.”

I'm a fan of the Figueroa Bros., and I love watching Brandon fight, but how do 2 guys coming off losses, at a lower weight class, get an eliminator in their first fights, at the higher weight?
                Last edited by Bronx2245; 06-30-2022, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X