Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire on Inoue Rematch: The Moment I Got Caught With Punch I Just Wanted To F------ Brawl

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donaire on Inoue Rematch: The Moment I Got Caught With Punch I Just Wanted To F------ Brawl

As the old adage goes, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. Nonito Donaire expressed repeatedly in the lead up to his highly anticipated 118-pound title unification rematch with Naoya Inoue that he would employ a much more tactful strategy against the Japanese dynamo than he did in the first bout.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No shame in that loss. Donaire is all class and has had a hell of a run. He has nothing left to prove in this unforgiving sport.

Comment

Donaire has fought any top fighter that is available. He said it like it was with no excuses. Don't know why he gets a lot of flak at times by others.

Comment

Refreshing to hear no excuses. That's a boxer who's confident in himself.
        Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

he ate the same shot that KOed Moloney and stood up. respect.

. but that is a career ending beating. i hope he stops.

Comment

A modern great no doubt. Glad I got to see live . A lot of boxers should take note.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Spice View Post
              Refreshing to hear no excuses. That's a boxer who's confident in himself.
              Almost, he makes it seem like the only reason he got blown out was because he threw caution to the wind. I think he'd have been blasted out of there regardless of what he attempted to do.

Their first fight was Donaire's last stand, he damn near pulled it off...respect to him, but 2 years later that ship has sailed on his career as far as beating young champs.

Comment

Originally posted by chicken- View Post
                Almost, he makes it seem like the only reason he got blown out was because he threw caution to the wind. I think he'd have been blasted out of there regardless of what he attempted to do.

Their first fight was Donaire's last stand, he damn near pulled it off...respect to him, but 2 years later that ship has sailed on his career as far as beating young champs.
                His first fight with Inoue was Donaire's last stand? Hardly. He crushed Oubaali and Gaballo after that fight. No shame in getting beat - however swiftly - by the best in the division and one of boxings pound for pound best fighters. This is boxing, man. Had he stuck to the game plan he very well could have taken Inoue into the later rounds and possibly won. Chances are he wouldn't have, but again, this is boxing, man. It's basically the same thing that happened to Smith against Beterbiev. Does that mean that Joe should hang up the gloves? No way (unless he wants to). Same with Donaire. If you're capable of beating every fighter except the absolute best in the division, why stop as long as you have the motivation to continue? Inoue will probably move up after he becomes undisputed. So, if Donaire hangs around he could very well take all the belts at 118. I suspect Beterbiev will likely retire soon after he becomes undisputed, or if he loses to Bivol then Smith has a real chance against him (hey, SLIM is a real chance!). Styles make fights yo!
                adotd adotd likes this.

Comment

Honestly, I don't think Donaire would have survived the first fight if they had been wearing any gloves besides Winning. They may have helped Donaire a tad in the impact wasn't as devastating as when they threw Reyes on Inoue. I mean, this time around, Donaire was also wearing more impactful gloves with Everlast but he never got a chance to land clean to see if Inoue would have taken it.

Simply put, the better man won but you cannot take anything away from Donaire's accomplishments. He was a force to be reckoned with in his prime and put on a good effort in his nearing retirement career in boxing.

Comment

What about Naoya Inoue's pendulum-stepping, tho. Here we see beautiful example of this defensively effective technique that created key opportunities for the 'Monster', the swift fluid in and out limited Nonito, like it would other stationary boxers like him.

Donaire, being well schooled, knew that committing to an attack was dangerous when Naoya was employing said strategy, which made Nonito hesitant to throw. When Donaire opened up, he reset his stance on the line and the momentum favored Inoue, BOOM!
                    Last edited by 1hourRun; 06-29-2022, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X