Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Smith-Mathieu Baulderlique WBC Title Eliminator Heads To July 1 Purse Bid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Callum Smith-Mathieu Baulderlique WBC Title Eliminator Heads To July 1 Purse Bid

Callum Smith is in position to move within one win from challenging for a second major title. The WBC has called for a final title eliminator between Liverpool's Smith and France's Mathieu Bauderlique, with the bout heading to a July 1 purse bid hearing. The winner of the ordered fight will become the WBC mandatory challenger to unified lineal/WBC/IBF/WBO light heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev (18-0, 18KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 06-29-2022, 05:45 AM.

I take it bauderlique's European title will be on the line.

Comment

How this dump of a fight is a wbc final eliminator I’ll never know ...... €$££ talks I guess.

Comment

I try to be as up on the Euro and UK scene as possible but I have to admit I had never heard of Bauderlique prior to this article. Looking at his resume he has only two names on it I recognize: Mikhalkin and Ngumbu.

Not sure if that's an indictment of my boxing knowledge, the WBC's rankings or both.

Comment

You wrote everything possible but the purse split.
          Considering Smith is Hearn's fighter, I don't expect him to get more than 20%.

Comment

If beterbiev and bivol aren't going to fight, bivol against zurdo and smith against beterbiev wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
              I try to be as up on the Euro and UK scene as possible but I have to admit I had never heard of Bauderlique prior to this article. Looking at his resume he has only two names on it I recognize: Mikhalkin and Ngumbu.

Not sure if that's an indictment of my boxing knowledge, the WBC's rankings or both.

For whatever reason the ABC orgs like to have different people in their rankings. So then you basically got 40 guys in their top 10 rankings if they dont reuse people. Maybe some reused but not a lot.

That is why nobody knows who the fuk these guys are.

Comment

Working...
              X