Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia Missed The Sport, Says Motivation is Back, Feels Unbeatable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia Missed The Sport, Says Motivation is Back, Feels Unbeatable

By Thomas Gerbasi - Danny Garcia is only 34 years old. It's hard to believe, that even after a nearly two-year layoff, the former two-division world champion could be in his physical prime as he approaches his return to the ring against Jose Benavidez Jr. on July 30.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"it was time for Danny Garcia to start getting his cheesesteak with wiz and not plain."

Can someone explain WTH that means?

Comment

Originally posted by PredatorStyle View Post
      "it was time for Danny Garcia to start getting his cheesesteak with wiz and not plain."

Yeah, me too. Wiz isn't something you put on cheese steak where I come from.

Comment

He will feel unbeatable until he fights someone good. Then that feeling will fade.

Comment

Danny says that after the extended layoff he feels young, and fresh with a lot more motivation and energy.
          Does that mean that he's throwing punches in combination now in training against sparring partners.
          I can see if he was like he says squeezing down to make weight, where he might have been trying to conserve energy.
          But if that wasn't the case, and he's still the one or two punch at a time Danny, he's going to win some and lose some like before.
          At 154 he'll be fighting bigger fighters with more height, weight, reach, power, who'll be able to assimilate Danny's power shot's.
          Then again if Danny was debilitating himself by making the 147 limit, the move up to 154 might improve his overall fighting ability.
          That seem like a bit of a stretch of the imagination, but I for one hope that it's exactly the case, and he's able to win a third world title.
          Although I doubt it hope springs eternal, as the saying goes, and if he's able to pull it off, he won't be the first nor the last to do it.
          champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

The common thing in America is that for a truly "authentic" Philly cheesesteak, it must use Cheez Whiz, because of the texture some like, which is drippy and greasy. ("wiz" is the way you order it)

A place out here makes it like that, I thought it was disgusting. I much prefer provolone or straight sliced American depending on when I'm eating.

Anyway, Swift, seeing you fight Tim Tszyu would be interesting, but stay the hell away from Fundora.
            Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 06-29-2022, 06:23 AM.

Comment

The Wiz is in reference to Cheese Wiz, the cheese on the Philly Steak means he doesn't have to worry so much about making weight since he's moving up to the next division.
              i love boxing i love boxing likes this.

Comment

Fan friendly fighter with lots of heart, a top guy at 140, at 147 not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
                  Fan friendly fighter with lots of heart, a top guy at 140, at 147 not so much.
                  He definitely was a top guy at 140. Those names may not look great now, but that is a very good resume at 140 and he was a unified champ.

Comment

It means he doesnt have to cut corners to make 140-147. He's eating full meal and junk food and strong at 154
                    ruedboy ruedboy likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X