Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: On Paper Fury Should Beat Paul Easy, Then You Watch Fury and Think 'He's Not Very Good'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: On Paper Fury Should Beat Paul Easy, Then You Watch Fury and Think 'He's Not Very Good'

Promoter Eddie Hearn is still backing social media star turned boxer, Jake Paul, to defeat light heavyweight prospect Tommy Fury. Their bout is scheduled for August 6th at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Showtime Pay-Per-View will carry the event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by Eddie Hearn
    If Jake loses, his career’s over.
    Unlikely and why would he quit?

Comment

This fight is actually interesting. I have clicked on many YouTube videos of bully beat downs and regular Joe’s fighting legit fighters and all of that. Although this is far from what we would love to see, here we have a “boxer” vs a regular Joe that has been training. We can get caught up in all of the hate and dislike and media circus, but the fact is that it will cool to see what happens.
      Paul has some innate abilities and skills for his regular Joe status. Fury has actually fought pro boxers (their skills what they are but the point remains). They both have some pop. They both likely have less than real pro level stamina, certainly less than real pro level skills and experience, and anything can happen.
      I will enjoy it for what it is!!!!

Comment

Jake by ko

Comment

Eddie isn't wrong. I've seen Tommy fight and he doesn't seem very good. I lean Paul by points or possibly late stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyborg Fangerloo View Post
            This fight is actually interesting. I have clicked on many YouTube videos of bully beat downs and regular Joe’s fighting legit fighters and all of that. Although this is far from what we would love to see, here we have a “boxer” vs a regular Joe that has been training. We can get caught up in all of the hate and dislike and media circus, but the fact is that it will cool to see what happens.
            Paul has some innate abilities and skills for his regular Joe status. Fury has actually fought pro boxers (their skills what they are but the point remains). They both have some pop. They both likely have less than real pro level stamina, certainly less than real pro level skills and experience, and anything can happen.
            I will enjoy it for what it is!!!!
            Any one of us could be a "pro boxer" if you pass a basic physical. There are amateur fighters lightyears better than "pros" and Tommy Fury is a perfect example of that. He absolutely stinks, Paul is going to knock him out.

Comment

Tommy knew all along that he was barred, so did Tyson and that's why he made a million dollar bet on a fight that isn't happening. Never believe a word the Fury clan says without independent verification.

Comment

This fight has a draw written all over it, to save both fighters reputation.

Comment

Fury is barely a mediocre pugilist. To say he is workmanlike would be high praise - to describe him accurately, he is big and dumb. Fury is a professional, which is amusing, because he is a tomato can, as his career tanks he would typically be used as a punching bag for young fighters on the way up. His total earnings from his fights is $15,000. He wouldn't even function as a sparring partner for any ranked pro. Fury is slow, his footwork is laborious and he needs a lot of work, which may be all for nothing - he lacks talent and his skills are questionable. He does have a right hand capable of knocking out Paul. All he has to do is land it once.

Paul is a wooden, plodding fighter with a lack of talent. He has made a living by beating up old guys who were essentially wrestlers and individuals who were clueless in a boxing ring: a You-Tuber who looked like a drag queen just exited from a fashion show runway and a washed-up basketball player who seemed completely confused at the prospect of even wearing boxing gloves, let alone putting them to use.

Amazingly, Paul is referred to as a boxer, let alone a profesional. He is neither. Paul is a hobbyist, which is to be generous. Atop that he is also big and dumb.

A moderately talented and basically skilled amateur would make hash out of either fighter.

It will certainly be Fury's biggest payday ever - he's 23 and headed nowhere in the boxing ring - he will never be a top ranked fighter. Paul, hopefully is headed to the social rubbish heap and if he is lucky will squire away some cash, he's a sideshow act or a cheap carney who made a coupla scores. Both these clowns are riding a bizzaro phenomena aka YouTube, influencers, gig-economy and other aspects of mediated reality that are akin to a bad hallucination. The best to both. It is a PT Barnum farce come to life.
                  Last edited by Z. B. Canova; 06-28-2022, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Jake Paul going to KO him.. I have a feeling little Fury can't take a punch.

Comment

Working...
                    X