Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: If Chisora Loses To Pulev, Then I Suggest He Packs It Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: If Chisora Loses To Pulev, Then I Suggest He Packs It Up

Eddie Hearn has rejected criticisms that Derek Chisora should retire, but says that if he does not beat Kubrat Pulev next month, it might be the right moment to call time on his career.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Derek's health has to be a priority, he's taken too much punishment in his career. Hearn should pull the plug on him fighting.
    Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

Fantastic fight, I can't wait.

Rumble in the rumble

Comment

Chisora beat Parker, fairly handily in the first fight, imo, but things I saw in the rematch, heart aside, concerned me. Never seen Chisora rocked by basic jabs before, and he was many times. The chin is weakening badly. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post
          Fantastic fight, I can't wait.

Rumble in the rumble
          Or tumble stumble and mumble.

Most likely goes like this....

1l1Lqcu.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
            Chisora beat Parker, fairly handily in the first fight, imo, but things I saw in the rematch, heart aside, concerned me. Never seen Chisora rocked by basic jabs before, and he was many times. The chin is weakening badly. Nash out.
            Agreed, I was thinking the same watching the second Parker fight.
            Nash out Nash out likes this.

Comment

Chisora looked like an old man with high blood pressure issues in the second Parker fight.
              Castilo Castilo Nash out Nash out like this.

Comment

Pulev is 41 ! Of course he’s not as good as he was ten years ago! Hearn is looking to get a ten ranking here over a knackered fighter and then put old warhorse back on a PPv for the suckers

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                  Pulev is 41 ! Of course he’s not as good as he was ten years ago! Hearn is looking to get a ten ranking here over a knackered fighter and then put old warhorse back on a PPv for the suckers
                  That's pretty cynical. It's not like Del Boy is in his prime either or has less wear and tear. It could just be a case of trying to find Chisora a competitive fight in a bout that means something to him

I don't think it's a bad fight honestly, they're both on the backend of their careers. If they want to keep going they can either become a stepping stone for up and comers or take fights like this

​​​​​​

Comment

This is a fight that has been made, with the main objective of Chisora winning.

In all honesty, when the Usyk, and Parker fights were made. People deep down were not expecting Chisora to win.

And I don't even think that was their main objectives. Even Chisora deep down, knew? If I survive the full 12 rounds, and push my opponent 'I can still act like I have won'.

The objectives were to push his opponents, survive the full 12 rounds and provide violence. Not disrespect but Chisora, has been acting as a elite level gate keeper.

This fight vs Pulev is different. It has been made, because Eddie Hearn thinks Pulev is their for the taking.

So Derek Chisora better be training to win, as a mandatory. I don't care for him lasting the full 12 rounds.

Note: There have been very few fights of late that have involved Chisora, where his mandatory objectives are to win. The David Price fight was probably the last big fight with those objectives.

I think Chisora left Team Hayemaker, because he could not deal with the intensity. You only have to listen to interviews with Haye, every single training session, exercise, disciplinary measure. David Haye was expecting Chisora to attack those activities with maximum intensity 'Complete obsession, near psychopathic work ethic'.

Because at times, that is precisely what it takes. Chisora went along with this for awhile, but then opted out.

If Chisora was still training with David Haye & Don Charles, I would have no doubt that he would win vs Pulev etc.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 06-28-2022, 06:58 AM.
                    Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X