Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Peterson Aims To Get Big Fight in 2022, Wants Teofimo Lopez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Peterson Aims To Get Big Fight in 2022, Wants Teofimo Lopez

After coming off a sixth-round knockout of Saul Corral (23-19, 13 KOs), a bout that took place in his hometown of Washington D.C. on May 28, 2022, super lightweight Anthony Peterson (39-1-1, 25 KOs), is eager to get back into the main event picture. Peterson looked to be in the best shape of his career, and eyes big challenges at the top of the division moving forward.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Have you all noticed that more people are talking about Teofimo Lopez, than that fraud paper-champ Josh Taylor at 140? What's causing all this excitement and buzz in the jr. welterweight-division?

Comment

This guy is still fighting. He has been so irreverent with such a record and the length of time he has been a pro.

Comment

Thats a nice fight for Lopez. Peterson has a lot of experience

Comment

I was in Cleveland while he and Lamont both were in the box offs for the Olympics so I know his abilities quite well, Teofimo not what he want it’s a good payday and opportunity but it can also be an embarrassment as well. Anthony needs to let us see how he looks against a top rated guy other than the top 1-5 guys and then we can properly make an assessment of where he stands at his age and on again off again career. I wish him well though!

Comment

Still remember him fouling out and getting DG'd in the Bam Bam Rios fight back in 2010 for excessive and purposeful low blows....can't unsee it, sadly. Teo is the type to knock you out, so there won't be much time for frustration to set in, if Peterson hasn't grown from that moment.

Glad he's aiming high on his last go-round for a Championship opportunity or just a big fight in general. I honestly don't see how this fight gets made with Teo nowadays...there's no buzz or reason for it, even in a "bounce back" fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
              Still remember him fouling out and getting DG'd in the Bam Bam Rios fight back in 2010 for excessive and purposeful low blows....can't unsee it, sadly. Teo is the type to knock you out, so there won't be much time for frustration to set in, if Peterson hasn't grown from that moment.

Glad he's aiming high on his last go-round for a Championship opportunity or just a big fight in general. I honestly don't see how this fight gets made with Teo nowadays...there's no buzz or reason for it, even in a "bounce back" fight.
              That's nuts. Peterson-Rios literally feels like it happened yesterday but it's been damn near 12 years!

I used to be high on Peterson and was very disappointed when he couldnt handle the heat against Rios.

He has had an odd career because even with that loss and inactivity, he still managed to not completely fall off the map. He only has one official loss but dude is already 37 years old.
              MeanestNiceGuy MeanestNiceGuy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post

That's nuts. Peterson-Rios literally feels like it happened yesterday but it's been damn near 12 years!

I used to be high on Peterson and was very disappointed when he couldnt handle the heat against Rios.

He has had an odd career because even with that loss and inactivity, he still managed to not completely fall off the map. He only has one official loss but dude is already 37 years old.
                Yes! It feels like yesterday....I still remember him getting DQ'd and all I could do was laugh and shake my head in disappointment, lol. Rios was notorious weight bully back then at 135, so nothing Peterson landed really bothered Brandon. I can't remember why he started hitting low but he was committed once he started. Lol

And I agree...odd career indeed. One loss and one draw shouldn't necessarily set you back but as you mentioned. the inactivity is what hurt his career. I wouldn't mind him facing one of the younger guys but it's gonna have to be a prospect for sure....Teo is a former champion and looks to be campaigning at 140...a known name in the sport already....kinda hard to see where Peterson fits on his resume at this point.

Maybe he could face the likes of Richardson Hitchins since he's still grinding and is relatively unknown at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                X