Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bam Rodriguez Is Among Boxing's Stars, Where He Always Thought He Would Be

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bam Rodriguez Is Among Boxing's Stars, Where He Always Thought He Would Be

By Corey Erdman - There's been a constant pattern throughout Jesse "Bam" Rodriguez's life of Jesse rejecting the notion that somewhere wasn't his place or that it wasn't quite his time. As a diminutive child, his dreams of football stardom were short-lived. Fortuitously, as an eight-year old football player, his fellow running back was now-featherweight pro Ricky Medina, who had already started boxing. His brother Joshua Franco, now-WBA super flyweight champion, had picked up the new sport already, one Jesse didn't really follow or know much about. Jesse followed his brother to the gym for two straight weeks before deciding he would give fighting a shot too.
    [Click Here To Read More]

One of boxing best already at only 22 yrs of age...incredible.

Comment

Did Bam just beat an old washed up Cuadras and a going down hill Srisaket? What am I missing here, sounds like the next coming of Cassius Clay?
      mgame mgame Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Originally posted by crisantonio917 View Post
        Did Bam just beat an old washed up Cuadras and a going down hill Srisaket? What am I missing here, sounds like the next coming of Cassius Clay?
        Media plays a big part in manufacturing stars. Dayzin needs stars, matchroom needs an American star and better yet a Mexican American star to push subscriptions. No denying his talent but people are already wanting to put him over other fighters who should be on the p4p lists all around. I also see it as an attempt to garner interest in the lower weights in the American boxing scene to what they were in the days of Carbajal and Chiquita Gonzales. And let’s be honest, we have hit a lull in the sport in between big fights so there needs to be news. The show must go on…
        mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crisantonio917 View Post
          Not as bad as you make it sound but both those guys are post prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Media plays a big part in manufacturing stars. Dayzin needs stars, matchroom needs an American star and better yet a Mexican American star to push subscriptions. No denying his talent but people are already wanting to put him over other fighters who should be on the p4p lists all around. I also see it as an attempt to garner interest in the lower weights in the American boxing scene to what they were in the days of Carbajal and Chiquita Gonzales. And let’s be honest, we have hit a lull in the sport in between big fights so there needs to be news. The show must go on…
            If he was black and with Haymon, I can only imagine the praise you'd be heaping on him. Nothing but a hypocritical pansy. Avoids me like the plague simply because I call your wack a$$ out and not afraid of you calling me racist when you have no argument. It means nothing when you been caught liking racist comments yourself. Everyone knows you are a closeted racist yourself.

Comment

There's a whole bunch of people here who clearly didn't watch the fight or any of the recent ones in that division. If you had, there would be no question about Bam's star potential. The amount of skill and maturity on display, especially for a 22 year old, is generational good. If you don't like the lower divisions and can't appreciate the performances of Chocolatito earlier this year, and Rodriguez' domination of Cuadras and Sor Rungvisai, you don't actually care about the sweet science.

How many people have you seen take a title fight two divisions up on 6 days notice having never fought for so much a regional title, against a perennial king of the division, dominate him, and then take on arguably the most dangerous puncher in the division just 4 months later as a first title defense and stop him? If you can't respect those accomplishments, your bias is showing

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post

If he was black and with Haymon, I can only imagine the praise you'd be heaping on him. Nothing but a hypocritical pansy. Avoids me like the plague simply because I call your wack a$$ out and not afraid of you calling me racist when you have no argument. It means nothing when you been caught liking racist comments yourself. Everyone knows you are a closeted racist yourself.
                be careful, Ive been banned twice for pointing out the obvious bias.

This website is basically owned by showtime, so you can see why they fellate trash like the “special” Colbert Report(who I rightfully called out as a can before he imploded).

Rodriguez looks like the kind of fighter they can only dream about.

But they cant claim him because they make everything racist.
                So “Special” guys like Colbert it is then...

Sad since hes american they actually could.
                The tag before the american part though is a huge no-no.
                It wears on their self-esteem/cuckoldry.

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
                There's a whole bunch of people here who clearly didn't watch the fight or any of the recent ones in that division. If you had, there would be no question about Bam's star potential. The amount of skill and maturity on display, especially for a 22 year old, is generational good. If you don't like the lower divisions and can't appreciate the performances of Chocolatito earlier this year, and Rodriguez' domination of Cuadras and Sor Rungvisai, you don't actually care about the sweet science.

How many people have you seen take a title fight two divisions up on 6 days notice having never fought for so much a regional title, against a perennial king of the division, dominate him, and then take on arguably the most dangerous puncher in the division just 4 months later as a first title defense and stop him? If you can't respect those accomplishments, your bias is showing
                Their “special” fighters make their opponents wear pillows, trade punches with midgets and eke out debatable split decisions and move into the p4p.
                They wouldnt need to do any of that if they didnt need to.
                You can only do what you can.

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post

be careful, Ive been banned twice for pointing out the obvious bias.

This website is basically owned by showtime, so you can see why they fellate trash like the “special” Colbert Report(who I rightfully called out as a can before he imploded).

Rodriguez looks like the kind of fighter they can only dream about.

But they cant claim him because they make everything racist.
                  So “Special” guys like Colbert it is then...

Sad since hes american they actually could.
                  The tag before the american part though is a huge no-no.
                  It wears on their self-esteem/cuckoldry.

Their “special” fighters make their opponents wear pillows, trade punches with midgets and eke out debatable split decisions and move into the p4p.
                  They wouldnt need to do any of that if they didnt need to.
                  You can only do what you can.
                  The bolded makes so much sense now.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post

Raza don't need any recognition from them. We just need to not recognize or support them and only ourselves. Nothing racist about supporting your own.

Comment

Working...
                    X