Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson-Robson Conceicao WBC Title Fight Set For September 23 In Newark

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson-Robson Conceicao WBC Title Fight Set For September 23 In Newark

Shakur Stevenson enjoyed a homecoming for his last fight before officially entering the title picture. His next trip home will come as his stock has never been higher. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that Stevenson will next face Brazil's Robson Conceicao in defense of his lineal/WBC/WBO junior lightweight championship. The bout will headline a September 23 ESPN show from the Prudential Center in Stevenson's hometown of Newark, New Jersey. The show takes place on a Friday, due to already scheduled all-day college football programming.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Should be a good one! Brick City Stand Up!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Shakur Stevenson enjoyed a homecoming for his last fight before officially entering the title picture. His next trip home will come as his stock has never been higher. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that Stevenson will next face Brazil's Robson Conceicao in defense of his lineal/WBC/WBO junior lightweight championship. The bout will headline a September 23 ESPN show from the Prudential Center in Stevenson's hometown of Newark, New Jersey. The show takes place on a Friday, due to already scheduled all-day college football programming.
      This might turn to be a cherrypick gone wrong for Shakur. Conceicao imo beat Valdez 8-4 and got robbed on the cards.

Fans want to see Shakur fight the beasts in the division in Hector Garcia and Joe Cordona. They're the real challenges at 130. I don't wanna see Shakur fight bums anymore.
      pesticid pesticid likes this.

Comment

Hahah!! I called it!! I called it!! Maybe not on this particular forum (or maybe I did!), but I had said that this will be Shakur's next fight, and it's a fight that I would love to see. This fight will go one of two ways: Either they sit across the ring and stare at one another or it's a no-holds-barred affair. Conceicao can punch man. Let's see how Shakur does now. This is a real fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post
          Hahah!! I called it!! I called it!! Maybe not on this particular forum (or maybe I did!), but I had said that this will be Shakur's next fight, and it's a fight that I would love to see. This fight will go one of two ways: Either they sit across the ring and stare at one another or it's a no-holds-barred affair. Conceicao can punch man. Let's see how Shakur does now. This is a real fight.
          That's nice dear
          Sosay Sosay likes this.

Comment

Solid fight, probably the best, reasonable option right now for Shakur. Stevenson gets a homecoming and maybe they can get some of the Brazilian contingent in NYC to come out

Comment

I think this could be a deceptively tricky fight for Shakur. I expect him to win but wouldn't be surprised if Robson can make it a relatively competitive fight (at least win some rounds). He's shown some durability and skills along with decent power and length.

​​​​​

Comment

I might go to this one.

Comment

Not no sure I would've made this fight coming off a win over Valdez. Robinson boxed pretty damn well in the first half of his fight with Valdez and has the intangibles to make this an ugly,boring but possibly close affair. Not a matchup that is going to create any fireworks which will do him no favors towards the casual viewers imo.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    ————
                    Bob Arum refused to entertain the idea of Shakur unifying the division by fighting the other “unknown” belt holders. He said they weren’t known names nor did they bring anything to the table. Even though those fights would be for all the marbles before Shakur moves up to 135 inevitably.

Boxing would be much better off when this old senile geezer kicks the “gloves”.
                    kiaba360 kiaba360 Sosay Sosay like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X