Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kyoguchi: Becoming A Unified Champion Is A Goal Of Mine For The Next Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kyoguchi: Becoming A Unified Champion Is A Goal Of Mine For The Next Year

Hiroto Kyoguchi has two goals for the rest of 2022 and his career moving forward--greater in-ring activity and more belts. The reigning WBA junior flyweight titlist saw his stock skyrocket following an eighth-round stoppage of Esteban Bermudez on the road in Guadalajara, Mexico. Their June 10 DAZN event saw Tokyo's Kyoguchi (16-0, 11KOs) return to the ring for the first time in fifteen months, which followed a near two-year ring absence.
    [Click Here To Read More]

“Congratulations to Kyoguchi, you’re ready,” the two-time WBC titleholder tweeted immediately after Kyoguchi’s sensational performance. “Unifcation!”

Such a fight would mark just the second unification fight between two reigning titlists from Japan. The lone other occasion came ten years ago this month when Kazuto Ioka edged Akira Yaegashi via majority decision in their memorable June 2012 WBA/WBC strawweight title unification bout in Osaka, Japan.
    Japan needs to step it up in local rivalries. Kazuto Ioka vs. Akira Yaegashi was a classic, I'm sure that Kenshiro and the 'Mad-Boy' Kyoguchi would be a FOTY candidate. A win for Hiroto should put him back on the P4P.

Comment

fight kenshiro on new year's event. there's no reason to wait for next year.

Comment

Working...
      X