No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: From Red Light District To The Red Sea

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: From Red Light District To The Red Sea

It's not a great look when an organization that exposes human rights abuses and injustices across the world makes a statement on a boxing event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

How about we clean up our own backyard before we start looking over the fence at our neighbors???
    James Hunt James Hunt likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by AmpMcv View Post
      How about we clean up our own backyard before we start looking over the fence at our neighbors???
      It’s funny you say that, because I wonder how often Amnesty International have urged sportspeople to speak out on human rights abuses in the Anglo-American world? Probably not often, is my guess.

Having said that, amp, we’re hypocrites for this same reason. And I will still prob boycott Saudi events

Comment

What a coward. Joshua could've at least said something along the lines of "if I only fought in countries with squeaky clean histories, I'd have nowhere to fight."

Comment

I agree with AI in principle. I wonder though why would an athlete be expected to take a stand when his and other Western world governments wouldn't?
          James Hunt James Hunt likes this.

Comment

I didn’t know he said “I don’t know what sportswashing is”

now I do hope Usyk exposes this guy one last time and knocks him out. Take him out of boxing. This dude is an idiot. How dumb does he think everyone is? Well his fans are stupid enough to believe every word he says.
            Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing IQ View Post
              What a coward. Joshua could've at least said something along the lines of "if I only fought in countries with squeaky clean histories, I'd have nowhere to fight."
              Good point, and I applaud that because it makes nations that have never owned up to their barbarism like Britain, France, Spain, and the USA accountable for their histories. I suppose the counter would be to compare the current state of such nations with those like Saudi under the royal house of Saud though…which are glaring comparisons
              boxing IQ boxing IQ likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadMan94 View Post
                I didn’t know he said “I don’t know what sportswashing is”

now I do hope Usyk exposes this guy one last time and knocks him out. Take him out of boxing. This dude is an idiot. How dumb does he think everyone is? Well his fans are stupid enough to believe every word he says.
                I’m with you here. I just don’t get why olawufemi is treated like the champion still and Usyk like a contender. If you were to take notice just of the articles about Joshua you’d come away thinking he is the champion
                RoadMan94 RoadMan94 likes this.

Comment

This whole thing is just lame. Everyone is sick of American moral-policing while itself being about the dirtiest country on the world stage. Joshua should have just said "it's not my business how they run their country?"

Do these pampered activists seriously think they could run a country like Saudi. LOL. They would get assassinated in a week.
                  AmpMcv AmpMcv Fact Fact like this.

Comment

“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
                    -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Working...
                    X