Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: Joshua Has To Be Smart Against Usyk, Can't Go In There Thinking KO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: Joshua Has To Be Smart Against Usyk, Can't Go In There Thinking KO

Robert Garcia, the new head trainer for Anthony Joshua, is preparing his boxer to fight smart when he faces Oleksandr Usyk in a rematch on August 6th in Saudi Arabia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Joshua would gas out fast if he comes all guns blazing and bullying
    Sayithowitisuk Bob NC Uppercut NC Uppercut like this.

Comment

I like AJ and all but he simply can't beat Usyk..All that bulk and muscle makes him slow and robotic and he'll tire easily.

Comment

Joshua can`t win. If he goes with the game plan to outbox Usyk, he loses. If he tries to KO Usyk, he gases out.

Comment

Personally I just don’t think A J can beat usyk, Usyk is a hard man and has too much know how ‍♀️

Comment

U kra i na u kra i na u kra i na u kra i na u kra i na u kra i na u kra i na u kra i na u kra i na u kra i na

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
              Joshua can`t win. If he goes with the game plan to outbox Usyk, he loses. If he tries to KO Usyk, he gases out.
              Yup. Usyk just has his number.

P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

That's exactly what he needs to do.

Comment

You can have the best trainer in the world, but if a guy's got your number in the ring, ain't nothing going to change the result.

But, I don't say Joshua doesn't have a chance. He'd have to expand on the brief pockets of success he had in the first fight. That's going to the body hard, using more of the jab.

There is that danger that AJ is going to get hurt again and this time knocked out, so it's a fine balancing act for him.

Comment

The absolutism around this fight is kind of ridiculous.

Mind you the same thing happened after Ruiz 1 (and before anyone @s me, yes I know Ruiz came in 300lbs and I know Usyk won't, the point still stands)

After ruiz 1 it was a case of "AJ is tailor made for Ruiz" and when Ruiz weighed in, all that extra weight was just going to make him stronger and he would ko AJ easier etc.

Point is AJ CAN beat Usyk, he's big enough, long enough and hits hard enough that it can happen, can't it, Usyk also isn't a perfect fighter, exceptional yes but he's already shown some susceptibility in the first fight, AJ had pockets of success, he cut him up, he hut Usyk with some body shots he didn't like. There are *****s to work away at.

so some people need to stop being silly like they were about the Ruiz rematch, the fight is "somewhat" competitive.

Usyk I put at around a 60% chance of winning, with AJ at 30% and the draw 10%

It wouldn't be all that shocking if it happens, and you know, the closer the fight gets the more I get the feeling that it may actually happen, the climate seems ripe for it, doesn't it?
                    Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 06-25-2022, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X