Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bam Rodriguez: I Wouldn't Be Surprised If I Stop Sor Rungvisai In The Later Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bam Rodriguez: I Wouldn't Be Surprised If I Stop Sor Rungvisai In The Later Rounds

Jesse 'Bam' Rodriguez offered a taste in his last outing of what he's capable of doing versus upper echelon competition on short notice. Boxing's youngest champion is now eager to show the world what he can do against an elite boxer while armed with a full training camp designed for this very moment. It comes in the form of a homecoming title defense, as Rodriguez puts his WBC junior bantamweight title on the line versus former two-time WBC champ and pound-for-pound entrant Srisaket Sor Rungvisai this Saturday at Tech Port Arena in San Antonio, Texas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I hope he does. Time for the new generation.

Comment

Bam has been doing a lot of talking in the lead up to this one. Nothing disrespectful, but you can tell his confidence is through the roof. I like that he's going straight for the top guns of the division. Is he special enough to pull it off?

Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

A brief film-study : If Jesse intends to KO Srisaket Sor Rungvisai, 'Bam' needs to attack Sor Rungvisai's body. That comes with great risk as 'Bam' will have to get into dangerous range, but as you can see in this film-study he is able to effectively get inside whilst staying off the line through changing head-slots, and changing levels.

No doubt that Rodriguez is going to attempt to exploit Sor Rungvisai's parked feet, circling-him, pivoting to cut angles and catching Srisaket square, as Jesse managed with common opponent Carlos Cuadras.

Obvserve, the subtle techniques that "Bam' employs to make Cuadras a one-handed fighter and keeps him off balance, the easiest one to spot is how Jesse pins Cuadras left-arm.

Final note: Both 'Bam' and Sor Rungvisai are southpaw, it's going to be interesting how they both adjust to the mirror match. I have not had enough time to study how many unorthodox opponents they had each faced, maybe you know more.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.neezie View Post
          Bam has been doing a lot of talking in the lead up to this one. Nothing disrespectful, but you can tell his confidence is through the roof. I like that he's going straight for the top guns of the division. Is he special enough to pull it off?
          And the ones that do the most talking generally end up on their back.

We'll say it again, from our eyes.

Srisaket.

Old bike.

No seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

And the ones that do the most talking generally end up on their back.

We'll say it again, from our eyes.

Srisaket.

Old bike.

No seat.
            Are you saying that Sor R. is an easy touch or that Bam will be hurting in the morning?

Comment

Sor has one of the most padded records of elite fighters. Should really be 28-2-0 cos you've gotta discount the early losses and wins against debutants and losing record fighters once he was a contender.
              That's a double edge. Less wear and tear than you might think, not as formidable as his record suggests and rises to his opponents level.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

Are you saying that Sor R. is an easy touch or that Bam will be hurting in the morning?
                We're saying that Srisaket Sor Rungvisai, when he sticks to the southpaw gameplan, eats his grilled rat and trains in the jungle, is like an old bike with no seat: he'll get in that ass.

That's what we're saying.

He excels against aggressors.

Remember: this is a guy who sparked out everyone's P4P #1 in Chocolatito - where Choco didn't even win a round.

IFRWwJK.png
                SteveM SteveM likes this.

Comment

Working...
                X