No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Tabs Usyk to Beat Joshua In Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder Tabs Usyk to Beat Joshua In Rematch

Former heavyweight titlist Deontay Wilder believes that three of the four major heavyweight titles will remain in the same hands. In a recent interview, the Tuscaloosa, Alabama, native was prompted to give his prediction on who will win the upcoming heavyweight title unification rematch between Britain's Anthony Joshua and Ukraine's Oleksandr Usyk, who currently holds the WBO, WBA and IBF titles. Usyk defeated Joshua on points in their encounter last September at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London; their rematch is scheduled for Aug. 20 in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I hope Wilder comes back. Despite any shortcomings technically he makes for an entertaining fighter who is 99% of the time in entertaining fights. Say Josh loses to Usyk again, Wilder Joshua is still massive. Wilder Whyte is massive. Fuggit even Wilder Chisora would do numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by gooderz84 View Post
      I hope Wilder comes back. Despite any shortcomings technically he makes for an entertaining fighter who is 99% of the time in entertaining fights. Say Josh loses to Usyk again, Wilder Joshua is still massive. Wilder Whyte is massive. Fuggit even Wilder Chisora would do numbers.
      Wilder vs A.J. is the fight I wanna see. It's up there with Spence and Crawford to me

Comment

Yup. I had a rabbit hole moment going through a bunch of his fights leading up to Stiverne and after Stiverne...some of them full PPV broadcasts...and it was a reminder at how much buzz he brought to the division leading up to his title win and while he was defending...sure he wasn't fighting top top notch, was extremely wild in some of his best wins, but those crowds were in awe of him...he was different...had some lull rounds, but you just knew things were going to "end"...

I hope to see him give one more good run...not sure what Fury took out of him though...I think had a fight between him and Joshua happened first, he would have beaten Joshua
        gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

Forget your statue Wilder, take on Lucas Browne. Nash out.

Comment

Why wilder and chisora? I’d prefer to see wilder take on Usyk at that point. Wilder has lost to one fighter, fury, and dropped him 4 times in 3 fights that resulted in 2 fights of the year. He’s eons ahead of chisora and white. No mate, older should come back for the winner of Joshua and Usyk and nothing else

Comment

I'd like to see Fury vs AJ and Wilder vs Usyk, winners fight each other.
              gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

Wilder vs A.J. is the fight I wanna see. It's up there with Spence and Crawford to me
                I think that fight would still be great to watch. Not quite what it would of been, but that’s boxing isn’t it.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post

Yup. I had a rabbit hole moment going through a bunch of his fights leading up to Stiverne and after Stiverne...some of them full PPV broadcasts...and it was a reminder at how much buzz he brought to the division leading up to his title win and while he was defending...sure he wasn't fighting top top notch, was extremely wild in some of his best wins, but those crowds were in awe of him...he was different...had some lull rounds, but you just knew things were going to "end"...

I hope to see him give one more good run...not sure what Fury took out of him though...I think had a fight between him and Joshua happened first, he would have beaten Joshua
                  Ya the buzz was real especially the showtime main event where he fought Liakhovich. He was on the decline but still a durable fighter & former WBO champion. Everyone on the telecast was shocked especially Steve Fargood when the fight ended that quickly. He was expected to be a tough test & big step up in competition.

Comment

Definitely the popular pick. Same for me. I think AJ gets stopped this time in a very tense fight. Cannot wait!

Comment

Working...
                    X