Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez Confirms Estrada Will Lose "Franchise" Designation If Franco WBA Title Fight Moves Forward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBC Prez Confirms Estrada Will Lose "Franchise" Designation If Franco WBA Title Fight Moves Forward

Juan Francisco Estrada is in the unique position of having to relinquish a title he doesn't physically own. Two options remain at large for the lineal junior bantamweight king, who still has ties to the WBA ("Super" champion) and the WBC ("Franchise" designation). Mexico's Estrada was previously ordered to next face secondary WBA titlist Joshua Franco in a title consolidation clash that remains on hold and in search of a summertime fight date.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So either fight for a real belt or get stripped your fake one….damn that’s tough. I’d hate to be Estrada right now.

Comment

Come on Estrada, skip the belt and run it back. You lost that last fight vs Roman and got a gift. Prove you're better.

Comment

Goldenboy already knew what was going down.. always have the inside info, Franco will now receive the top belt, congrats.

Comment

If I was Estrada, I would've vacate WBC the Franchise title and defend the WBA title. Because WBC Franchise status is fake. Jesse Rodriguez is recognized as the WBC champion by WBA, WBO and The Ring.
          Last edited by DFM; 06-22-2022, 11:18 AM.
          Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

The WBC champions are on notice : be warned, the 'Franchise' title can be arbitrarily revoked. Good luck suing the WBC for stripping you of a 'honorary' title. Fres Oquendo has a better shot at fighting for the undisputed HW championship.

What a worm this Mauricio Sauliman is, he is only doing this to get back at the WBA for overstepping on the 'rotation' by stripping Josh Taylor.

To show Gilberto Mendoza and the world of boxing some muscle, the WBC is making an example of 'El-Gallo' -- even though, Mauricio should back the WBA's decision to getting rid of another belt ; but what am I saying?! Mauricio just created multiple 'Franchise' titles and even a whole new weight-class ( Bridger-Weight ) recently.

Comment

Good. Fuk the franchise.
              DFM DFM likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DFM View Post
                If I was Estrada, I would've vacate WBC the Franchise title and defend the WBA title. Because WBC Franchise status is fake. Jesse Rodriguez is recognized as the WBC champion by WBA, WBO and The Ring.
                Exactly. Just like Haney was at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

The WBC champions are on notice : be warned, the 'Franchise' title can be arbitrarily revoked. Good luck suing the WBC for stripping you of a 'honorary' title. Fres Oquendo has a better shot at fighting for the undisputed HW championship.

What a worm this Mauricio Sauliman is, he is only doing this to get back at the WBA for overstepping on the 'rotation' by stripping Josh Taylor.
                  He's basically confirmed what we already knew; "franchise" champion status counts for feck all.

Comment

This is one of those times where I don't care about the belt situation. Fight Choco again, because it is a much bigger and better fight than Franco

Comment

Working...
                    X