Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn: Canelo-GGG III Is 10 Times Bigger Fight Than Spence-Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn: Canelo-GGG III Is 10 Times Bigger Fight Than Spence-Crawford

Matchroom Boxing head Eddie Hearn will promote a Canelo Alvarez fight for the fifth time when the undisputed super middleweight champion takes on Gennadiy Golovkin on Sept. 17 on DAZN pay-per-view at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I agree with Hearn, Canelo-GGG III is a fight for both hardcore and casual fans and way bigger than Spence-Crawford from a commercial perspective but Spence-Crawford is a higher quality fight, no doubt

Comment

It may be a bigger fight but 10 times bigger is an exaggeration

Comment

what sucks is hes half right.

yeah exaggerated but it will sell well and get more casual interest even though crawford-spence is way more evenly matched and we havent seen it twice already
        RoadMan94 RoadMan94 likes this.

Comment

It's not a better fight, although loved the rematch, but it's not ten times bigger

For hardcore fans, of course Spence-Crawford is bigger, in terms of top fighters we haven't seen fight each other yet. But I don't think Spence and Crawford are as great as made out to be, if I look at previous era's, but they're excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by ralex View Post
            It may be a bigger fight but 10 times bigger is an exaggeration
            Agreed. But hey! He'd be a **** promoter if he didn't exaggerate.

Lot of Hearn haters on this site. He's a gobby, silver spoon fed, interloper Brit on the American boxing scene. He exaggerates and is sometimes a hypocrite - but so are Oscar and Arum and Warren.

But he talks a lot of sense and takes us less for fools than other promoters as per his comments in this article.

Comment

Both are unbeaten it does not get better than that. Two white fighters he means

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Hearn
                Canelo vs GGG by an absolute mile, and by the way, Spence-Crawford is a great fight, a great fight for boxing, but anyone with a brain knows the answer to that question. It depends on how hardcore they were.

I think if you’re a super hardcore fan, you’ve been waiting for Spence-Crawford for a long time. But if you want to talk about media attention, if you want to talk about the gate, if you want to take about pay-per-view numbers, viewership, global reach, commercial revenue, closed-circuit, it’s not even close.

But I think if you’re a super hardcore fan, you’ve been waiting for Spence-Crawford for a long time. So you may choose that over Canelo-GGG if you’re a super hardcore fan, but the casual fans are the ones that are going to generate the numbers.

If you talk about the revenue generated on a fight, it’s like, God knows, it’s like 10 times as big [for Canelo-Golovkin over Spence-Crawford], but Spence-Crawford is a brilliant fight and I think it’s right up there with Canelo-GGG, of course.
                I hate to say it, but he's not wrong and it goes to show you what's wrong with boxing and the world at large today.

A cheater, fight fixer, and cherry-picker is going to drink up the ppvb's, revenue, and fame over the two best in the division locking horns for all the marbles.
                eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Once again, Fantastic Mr. Fox reveals what he values most. Dollar-wise, he’s probably right. Which fight true boxing fans would rather see…totally wrong.
                  joesaiditstrue joesaiditstrue likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                    It's not a better fight, although loved the rematch, but it's not ten times bigger

For hardcore fans, of course Spence-Crawford is bigger, in terms of top fighters we haven't seen fight each other yet. But I don't think Spence and Crawford are as great as made out to be, if I look at previous era's, but they're excellent.
                    Totally agree, especially about Spence. He's a dog and a helluva fighter but he'd lose to many w.weights from the past thirty years. He's in no hurry to go to 154 either. Bud at least talks as if he will.
                    Mr.NiceGuy Mr.NiceGuy ifc ifc like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X