No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev Blows Through Another One: Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beterbiev Blows Through Another One: Afterthoughts

Destroyers are fun. There's a reason boxing records are written and announced as they are. How many wins? How many losses? How many knockouts? That last number has always mattered. No one really bothers to count up the number of unanimous decision victories.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He's a superb fighter, reminds one of a Hagler, as Atlas said. He doesn't look dazzling, neither did Hagler, but so effective and strong.

I get the feeling sometimes than fighters from Russia and Asia, like Inoue, don't get enough credit. But I guess in Inoue 's case, it's the weight division that many don't care to watch.

Comment

Its not just the physicality and power, the guy is a solid boxer. He can fight just as well on the back-foot as he does going forward, he showed it against Smith Jr and Against Callum Johnson (when Johnson hurt him). He was timing Smith Jr's jab and looping over it perfectly. When someone like Bivol is saying he is a very good boxer you know he's good.
      _Rexy_ _Rexy_ likes this.

Comment

A fight with Bivol would be interesting, but Beterbiev would stop Bivol. A fight with Canelo is what I'd like to see. I'd pick Beterbiev within six rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
          He's a superb fighter, reminds one of a Hagler, as Atlas said. He doesn't look dazzling, neither did Hagler, but so effective and strong.

I get the feeling sometimes than fighters from Russia and Asia, like Inoue, don't get enough credit. But I guess in Inoue 's case, it's the weight division that many don't care to watch.
          Inoue doesn't get full credit from some of us yet because of who he has fought. Old Nonito being his best win.

Beterbiev gets his just due. The only thing missing is being unified champion, which should happen against Bivol now not later.

Comment

Working...
          X