No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev's Garden Party Fuels "Best at 175" Fire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beterbiev's Garden Party Fuels "Best at 175" Fire

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - I'm in a light heavyweight state of mind. And in the afterglow of a weekend in which a pair of 175-pound bombers met in New York in what some labeled the division's most important fight in 39 years, it's not hard to understand why.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Bivol needs to man up. People need to focus on Jones Jr prior to HW. Stripping 20+ lbs of muscle and coming back to 175 did something horrific to him.

Comment

Great article man. It does highlight the fact how neglected LHW is when it comes to marquee events and names. It's very thought provoking and I'll have to do some research myself. I actually wrote into the breadbag n my email was published of divisions greatest fighters ever and I had nothing for LHW I've bn a hardcore fan 10yrs so I have some catching up to do in terms of research. Great article.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post
        Bivol needs to man up. People need to focus on Jones Jr prior to HW. Stripping 20+ lbs of muscle and coming back to 175 did something horrific to him.
        Jones had more than athleticism...much more. He had a KO punch in either hand, His punching was very accurate, he was not a wild swinger, anything but. Also he had considerable boxing skills. And he loved to fight. Fitxsilly as usual is not always right.
        Feint First Feint First likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post
          It wasn't 20+ pounds of muscle.

Comment

It's also a common mistake to overrate Bivol on the strength of his victory over a 168 pounder. And to continually underrate Beterbiev.

Comment

Great article, as many im thrilled for Bivol vs Beterbiev

I still favor Bivol, he is a very different fighter than Smith Jr. who walked towards beterbiev throwing lazy jabs, that was an awful gameplan, but man is it interesting to have a puncher like Beterbiev in the division and an excelent boxer/puncher like Bivol at the same time

They also better do this kind of soon because Beterbievs age is no joke

Comment

Not even the most important fight in the last 6 years, let alone 39. More important than Ward Kovalev??? Gtfoh

Talk about recency bias smh...does this Fitbit guy even watch boxing? Smith is a tough guy with a nice backstory but NO ONE even considered him a top two fighter within the division. Beterbiev just did what he was supposed to do. Hell, his win over Gvozdyk was more impressive than the Smith win.
                Last edited by Feint First; 06-22-2022, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X