Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bivol's Promoter Admits He Was Surprised With How Quick Beterbiev Ended Smith

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bivol's Promoter Admits He Was Surprised With How Quick Beterbiev Ended Smith

Andrey Ryabinsky, promoter for WBA light heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol, admits he was shocked with how easily Artur Beterbiev blew away Joe Smith.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Due to pre-fight thoughts - me too.

But watching the fight live, at the show allowed me to see how slow Smith, Jr. was, so as it was unfolding it wasn't a surprise.
    P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

It would be special, two great fighters, at the very least a bit to somewhat great.

Top rank and Dazn should do business, even though Bob and Eddie don't like each other. Bob is more Top Rank than Eddie is Dazn, as Hearn doesn't own Dazn.

I said Bivol might be able to outbox Beterbiev for twelve rounds, but I wouldn't be fully confident he wins, as Artur has phenomenal power.

Comment

Surprising tactics. He made Joe chase him.

Joe has the dumbest jab I've ever seen. Beter looped it over his slow ass jab and hit him every time

Comment

Artur Beterbiev is the man at 175 lbs. https://www.badlefthook.com/2022/6/2...minator-at-lhw

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post

Joe has the dumbest jab I've ever seen. Beter looped it over his slow ass jab and hit him every time
            plus Joe was using the same cadence and pace on the jab as well. There was zero feints as well. Joe through the jab and then moved left into Beterbievs right. He should have fiented and then through it quickly sliding out to his right away fromBeterbievs right.

Comment

Too bad about Smith's loss but Beterbiev was so strong and fast too. I kept thinking why was he going after Beterbiev instead of boxing. Went out on his shield basically. Bivol has something to think about now. Wonder if Bivol's style will work against this heavy handed guy.

Comment

Bivol was surprised at how easy Beterbiev ended Smith, that's only because Smith went the distance with him.
                So he probably expected Smith to go the distance with Beterbiev, Bivol would probably be surprised at how easy Beterbiev would end him.
                That's not to say that Bivol doesn't stand a chance of beating Beterbiev if they ever meet inside the ring, Bivol always has a boxers chance.
                What I'm saying is that beterbiev is a knockout machine, and until proven different can walk through any opponent he faces in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post

Wonder if Joe's trainer is one of the "Beterbiev can't box and can't go on the back foot" posters on here...

Comment

Joe Smith just isn't that good of a fighter, very basic with a bit more determination than most other fighters in the 175 pound division.
                    He was also very lucky to have gotten the decision, and the title against Maxim Vlasov when they fought, he didn't get off so easy this time.

Comment

Working...
                    X