Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Confident He Could Knock Off Joe Joyce and Dillian Whyte

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Confident He Could Knock Off Joe Joyce and Dillian Whyte

Former WBO heavyweight champion Joseph Parker recently signed a long-term promotional deal with BOXXER, who have an exclusive content deal with Sky Sports. Parker had been talks to fight unbeaten puncher Joe Joyce, who has a promotional pact with Frank Warren.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Speaking a lot of sense here, re: ‘chins’ and Dillian whyte.

There’s a lot of ‘weak chin’ discourse on this forum about why certain boxers get sent to the next dimension and why others stand their ground.

But only once have I seen a forum on here address factors such as head movement, reflexes, foot placement, etc. alongside supposed genetic explanations.

Comment

Joe Parker is super yawn

Doesn’t even have a good bruuuu accent

Comment

I agree in theory the issue with Parker is putting it in to practice, he's got a lot of ability, let's list some of them

Great handspeed
        Great chin
        Very good stamina
        Good enough power

That alone puts him above most heavyweights in talent, the issue is he gets lazy in fights and will lose rounds looking like he can't be bothered.

4truth 4truth P to the J P to the J like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
          I agree in theory the issue with Parker is putting it in to practice, he's got a lot of ability, let's list some of them

Great handspeed
          Great chin
          Very good stamina
          Good enough power

That alone puts him above most heavyweights in talent, the issue is he gets lazy in fights and will lose rounds looking like he can't be bothered.
          He’s got 3 of these attributes for sure. Not sure he’s got very good stamina, though. Anyone with decent conditioning would have got Chisora out of there on any of the 3 KDs, but Parker was seemingly done by 2:15 of every round

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

He’s got 3 of these attributes for sure. Not sure he’s got very good stamina, though. Anyone with decent conditioning would have got Chisora out of there on any of the 3 KDs, but Parker was seemingly done by 2:15 of every round
            I'm comparing his stamina to his contemparies, Joshua, Wilder, Ruiz, Ortiz, Whyte, he's certainly got a lot better stamina than any of them, only Fury and Joyce stand out as noticeably better.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post

I'm comparing his stamina to his contemparies, Joshua, Wilder, Ruiz, Ortiz, Whyte, he's certainly got a lot better stamina than any of them, only Fury and Joyce stand out as noticeably better.

I actually think Joshua and Wilder would have had enough about them to finish Chisora off in the same positions Parker found himself in, although conversely, you have a point: I’ve never seen Parker blowing out of his rear end like AJ and Wilder.

On your other point, from the previous post, it’s a hard agree. Thought for a long time that Parker has more theoretical talent than most of the division.

Comment

Could've just taken the Joyce fight then...
                Clive Davenport Clive Davenport likes this.

Comment

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Enough with the hot air and make the fights

Comment

Whyte is there for the taking, now more than ever.

I think Parker and Dubois have a really good chance of beating Whyte.

It will be very interesting what fight Whyte will take next, he has not shortage of big fights coming his way.

Dubois, Parker, Joyce, Chisora, I am sure all these fighters would fight Whyte etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X