Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McKinson: Ortiz Has Shown Vulnerabilities, My Job Is To Expose Him To The Whole World

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: McKinson: Ortiz Has Shown Vulnerabilities, My Job Is To Expose Him To The Whole World

It is no secret that Michael McKinson enters his fight with Vergil Ortiz Jr. as a considerable underdog. None of that is lost on the unbeaten British southpaw; in fact, he's leaning into the role.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Real job on his hands. Realistically I can't see it happening. I'd love to see it though, but I'd be shocked. And I say this as a brit supporting a brit, but who is also a fan of Ortiz. These are 2 genuinely nice humble guys, and it's gonna be a shame seeing one of them lose. I'm rooting for Mikey, but can't see past Vergil. And I'll not be gutted either way. I just hope it's a great entertaining fight, and if Mikey loses, it raises his stock considerably.
    VashDBasher VashDBasher likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post
      Real job on his hands. Realistically I can't see it happening. I'd love to see it though, but I'd be shocked. And I say this as a brit supporting a brit, but who is also a fan of Ortiz. These are 2 genuinely nice humble guys, and it's gonna be a shame seeing one of them lose. I'm rooting for Mikey, but can't see past Vergil. And I'll not be gutted either way. I just hope it's a great entertaining fight, and if Mikey loses, it raises his stock considerably.
      McKinson is a good guy. I like his attitude and he has good boxing skills. He seems like the type of fighter that’d be willing to face anyone and anywhere. This is going to be a tough task for him. He doesn’t have the type of power to back Ortiz up, but he can attack the body and make him respect him, although that’s easier said than done. Attacking Ortiz’s body will leave McKinson open for counters. He’ll have to be on his A game and stay sharp for the entirety of the bout. His jab is snappy and he’ll have to make full use of it.
      Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post

McKinson is a good guy. I like his attitude and he has good boxing skills. He seems like the type of fighter that’d be willing to face anyone and anywhere. This is going to be a tough task for him. He doesn’t have the type of power to back Ortiz up, but he can attack the body and make him respect him, although that’s easier said than done. Attacking Ortiz’s body will leave McKinson open for counters. He’ll have to be on his A game and stay sharp for the entirety of the bout. His jab is snappy and he’ll have to make full use of it.
        Yeah that's how I see it. I don't think it'll be as simple for Ortiz, as just blasting through McKinson. He's tough and durable, also awkward and unpredictable at times. And clearly GBP don't see it as that easy, or it'd be pointless making the fight. I'm looking forward to it. Vergil is exciting to watch. Could be anywhere from a chess match to a fun fight lol.
        VashDBasher VashDBasher likes this.

Comment

Conor Benn take note

Comment

Lol Mckinson is talking about exposing Ortiz for his vulnerabilities but Mckinson doesn't punch like Egis. I'm not going to discredit McKinson extremely boring style but fair play when you don't have power I feel it's a lot more of an accomplishment to be able to box someone up for 12 rounds knowing you aren't going to be able to take them out so you have to stick to a game plan. That's pure boxing and to be able to do it continuously shows some sort of skill I just don't think he has anything to trouble Ortiz and see him getting stopped within 6 rounds maybe less.

Comment

Yeah that's how I see it. I don't think it'll be as simple for Ortiz, as just blasting through McKinson. He's tough and durable, also awkward and unpredictable at times. And clearly GBP don't see it as that easy, or it'd be pointless making the fight. I'm looking forward to it. Vergil is exciting to watch. Could be anywhere from a chess match to a fun fight lol.
              That’s what makes this an intriguing matchup. McKinson has an unorthodox style and can be a handful for most of the guys at 147. As dangerous as Avanesyan is, I believe that he would’ve been stopped early by Ortiz because of his come forward style and vulnerability to get hit. I’m excited for this card and really looking forward to it. May the best man win.
              Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Gonna be a good fight..

I think it will be pretty similar to Mungia vs Kelly..

BTW Mungia made $2 mill for that fight, wonder what Ortiz purse is for this fight

Comment

If he's back to his usual health, it's Ortiz inside four rounds.

Comment

IDK, I always want to see a competitive fight, but I don't see that here. I think Mckinson is going to leave that ring in a very bad state after a very short night.
                    pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X