Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia Embraces Fight with Erislandy Lara at 155 Catchweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia Embraces Fight with Erislandy Lara at 155 Catchweight

Danny Garcia foresees an attractive and all-too-makeable fight waiting for him in the near future. The two-division titlist from Philadelphia suggested in a recent interview that he would welcome a bout with longtime Cuban middleweight contender Erislandy Lara. Garcia said that Lara, who holds a WBC middleweight belt, was the first to float the idea of fighting one another. According to Garcia, Lara is amenable to fighting at a catchweight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Garcia is out of his depth at jmw and will end up spark out.

Comment

This would be a mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post
        Garcia is out of his depth at jmw and will end up spark out.
        Hopefully he gets sparked like Rod Salka
        _Rexy_ _Rexy_ likes this.

Comment

Terrible matchup for Danny
          Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

All talk he isn't gonna do it.

Comment

Whoever says Lara is a bad match dont know shyt about boxing.....Danny Garcia will always look elite ve a fighter who doesn't move his hands......Every fight Garcia lost is because he refused to move his damn hands and nothing else.....

Comment

Caneloweight coming back....
                Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                  This would be a mismatch.
                  against the old Lara, absolutely. But this older version of Lara likes to sit and trade punches. If Lara fought Danny the same way he fought his last 2-3 fights, I like Danny’s chances.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
                    All talk he isn't gonna do it.
                    Why wouldn't he? He's fought Thurman, Spence, Matthysse and Khan as an underdog and also fought Porter. He's pretty much fought everyone he could at 140 and 147 on his side of the street. Lara is also a PBC fighter so I don't see why he wouldn't fight him....Just not sure why he is saying 155. Let Lara come down to 154 if he can make weight. If not, just leave it.

Danny is not going to be elite at 154, I just can't see it. He is strong and his power, but the power isn't anything crazy to the point he can hurt consistently can hurt bigger fighters. And he's also not active enough. I'd like to see him in against someone like Harrison.
                    mxtali mxtali Castilo Castilo like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X