Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley Favors Haney Over Lomachenko, Tank, and Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley Favors Haney Over Lomachenko, Tank, and Garcia

Tim Bradley has seen enough from Devin Haney to make him confident that the 23-year-old "young gun" would have the upper hand against some of the top names in the lightweight division.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Loma’s OLD, Tank will easily succumb to his jab and careful, no risk boxing style. and Garcia isn’t polished enough.

Comment

I think the sample size is too small with Haney and elite,A level fighters.. Its not really an examination of Haney, but where we slot Kambosos. Did GKJ peak with the Teo fight? Was that a once in a lifetime performance? Because if so, not only was Teo not in prime form, but the quality of fight that Kambosos gave Haney was not "A" level performance. Was it just an off night for George? Simply, we don't know if Kambosos is more Jeff Horn than Jeff Fenech. Only time will tell when Haney gets in with the lightweight superstars if he can actually have the upper hand.

Comment

Tim Bradley is full of crap. I favor both Loma and Davis over Haney. He can beat Ryan. Bradley is the main house shill. Throwing Loma in there doesn't change that either.

Comment

although what Tim is saying would cement Haney as a p4p top 5, I dont think Haney beats Loma. Vs Davis and Garcia I got it 50/50.

Comment

I think I'd lean towards Haney, Loma is aging, Garcia is a hype job and Davis is much the same as Garcia. Haney has kind of grown on me. I said he should do whatever it took to make the Kambosos fight and he did. He got his hands on the real WBC belt as every other belt at the same time. He took all the risks and shined doing so. Can't ask anything else of a fighter.
            champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

The reason why Bradley is picking Haney to beat Loma is due to the war. He said that the Loma from six months ago, Haney doesn't beat. He went on to say that now that Loma has been fighting a war, seeing dead bodies, and experiencing the terrors of war, that he won't be the same. But much of what Bradley is saying about Loma, Tank and Garcia is based on some assumptions.

After seeing how Kambosos fought Haney, that he tried to fight Haney the same way he fought Lopez, the same way he fought Bey and Selby, that Kambosos couldn't do what his corner was asking him to do or refused to do it, tells me that George is a one-dimensional fighter. He is a counter-puncher through and through and nothing else. He sits and waits for the opponent to initiate the engagement. His offense is designed to make the opponent react so he can counter. He's a straight and back fighter too. You can't fight Haney that way when he has a great jab as well as the size and reach advantage.

Bottom line is that Kambosos is a B-level boxer. I think I overrated him after he beat Lopez, but after seeing George **** the bed in Australia, I think we have to accept that Lopez really was injured when he fought Kambosos, just like Loma was injured when he fought Lopez. Kambosos caught lighting in a bottle. So we have to put Haney's win in context; he beat a boxer that his matchmaker would have set him up with two years ago to look good for the fans. Haney's wins over Linares and Diaz are much better than his win over Kambosos. So whatever you thought of Haney before he fought Kambosos, you have to keep that same opinion after he beat Kambosos.
              Bonham77 Bonham77 likes this.

Comment

Here's the deal. Kambosos was a 10-1 underdog against Teofimo. He didn't deserve to be the #1 contender. His biggest win was against a Brit , Lee Selby. Anyhow, he strikes gold and beats Teofimo. And deservedly so. Here's the problem. It was a " one off " . It happens in boxing. After this massive upset, people like Tim Bradley and all the rest of the clueless ex boxers , trainers, ex trainers, promoters, etc, think Kambosos is now the second coming of a prime lightweight Roberto Duran. Totally over rate Kambosos. So along comes Haney and he beats the severely overrated Kambosos, and now what are all these ******s are doing? , is now overrating Haney . What actually happened was Haney beat a very average fighter in Kambosos. A fighter arguably not even suitable for a top 10 rating. He pulled a " Buster Douglas " on Teofimo. Won the lottery. Now he's reverted to the status he is. Looking like more of a glorified clubfighter. Haney? He won fair and square. But in reality , he beat a nobody. A one shot champ. Kambosos will never be in the mix again. Haney beat a clubfighter. Haney did a simple " boxing 101 " on Kambosos. Jab , jab, right hand. Jab , jab , right hand. Something they teach you in your first boxing lessons. That's how bad Kambosos was in that fight. Haney AND Kambosos looked horrible. Haney never pressed , never landed any big shots. He won. That's it. Wait till he's got a Lomachenko in front of him. A Tank Davis, even a Teofimo. He's in for a rude awakening. These guys aren't George Kambosos. They are 50 levels higher than that guy. I'll say it here, you won't see those fights. Haney will avoid Lomachenko and Davis at all costs. Take that to the bank. Haney ? He's going to get beat by someone he shouldnt of got beat by in one of his defences. Tim Bradley ? Hes losing his mind.
                Last edited by Bonham77; 06-15-2022, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonham77 View Post
                  Here's the deal. Kambosos was a 10-1 underdog against Teofimo. He didn't deserve to be the #1 contender. His biggest win was against a Brit , Lee Selby. Anyhow, he strikes gold and beats Teofimo. And deservedly so. Here's the problem. It was a " one off " . It happens in boxing. After this massive upset, people like Tim Bradley and all the rest of the clueless ex boxers , trainers, ex trainers, promoters, etc, think Kambosos is now the second coming of a prime lightweight Roberto Duran. Totally over rate Kambosos. So along comes Haney and he beats the severely overrated Kambosos, and now what are all these ******s are doing? , is now overrating Haney . What actually happened was Haney beat a very average fighter in Kambosos. A fighter arguably not even suitable for a top 10 rating. He pulled a " Buster Douglas " on Teofimo. Won the lottery. Now he's reverted to the status he is. Looking like more of a glorified clubfighter. Haney? He won fair and square. But in reality , he beat a nobody. A one shot champ. Kambosos will never be in the mix again. Haney beat a clubfighter. Haney did a simple " boxing 101 " on Kambosos. Jab , jab, right hand. Jab , jab , right hand. Something they teach you in your first boxing lessons. That's how bad Kambosos was in that fight. Haney AND Kambosos looked horrible. Haney never pressed , never landed any big shots. He won. That's it. Wait till he's got a Lomachenko in front of him. A Tank Davis, even a Teofimo. He's in for a rude awakening. These guys aren't George Kambosos. They are 50 levels higher than that guy. I'll say it here, you won't see those fights. Haney will avoid Lomachenko and Davis at all costs. Take that to the bank. Haney ? He's going to get beat by someone he shouldnt of got beat by in one of his defences. Tim Bradley ? Hes losing his mind.
                  Great post.

The only objection is mentioning Lopez along with Davis and Loma. In my opinion, Lopez is done and finished and will never again do anything decent in the ring anymore. The first good fighter he fights at 140 might KO him. Not talking about the can he's fighting next.
                  Bonham77 Bonham77 likes this.

Comment

And Kambosos was a D level, a bum.

Comment

Working...
                    X