Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michael Conlan Not Confident in Landing Rematch With Leigh Wood

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Michael Conlan Not Confident in Landing Rematch With Leigh Wood

Olympian Michael Conlan (16-1, 8 KOs) is still hoping to secure a rematch with WBA "regular" featherweight champion Leigh Wood. Back in March, Conlan nearly knocked Wood out in the first round. Wood was forced to rally in the championship rounds - dropping Conlan in the eleventh and knocking him out in the twelfth and final round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

But your opinion doesn't matter Michael. Getting knocked out kinda sorted that out lol.

Comment

He doesn't need to seek another round of brain damage. Time for him to move on and fight someone else before he gets punch drunk.

Comment

Wouldn’t mind seeing those two fight again, cracker of a fight
        Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post
          But your opinion doesn't matter Michael. Getting knocked out kinda sorted that out lol.
          Haha, yes, get back in line, beat a few other ranked fighters and earn your rematch.
          Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

Haha, yes, get back in line, beat a few other ranked fighters and earn your rematch.
            Exactly. And if he's not careful, Marriaga has the power to knock him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              Wouldn’t mind seeing those two fight again, ******* of a fight
              Me too. Was a cracking fight. But at the same time, I understand Woods thinking. LSC is the bigger fight, for legacy purposes. He can fight Conlan afterwards. In theory anyway lol. I'm not confident Wood can beat Leo.

Comment

Tbf I'd wanna see it again. Conlan was winning the fight but at the same time leigh grew stronger as the fight went on and you could see michael start to fade down the stretch. I just think there a great style match up for each other and both can hurt each other and also its a big money fight for both now as well
                Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

FOTY contender that I would love to see again at some point down the line. Made me like Conlan a lot more, going out on his shield and dishing out punishment. Just hope he doesn't go back to his normal, boring style. Even faded Marriaga is gonna be a tough and dangerous test for him

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

Me too. Was a cracking fight. But at the same time, I understand Woods thinking. LSC is the bigger fight, for legacy purposes. He can fight Conlan afterwards. In theory anyway lol. I'm not confident Wood can beat Leo.
                    Has there been any movement towards this? I’m not hearing much from LSC lately about big fights

Comment

Working...
                    X