Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. Takes Active Role In Effort To Free WNBA Star Brittney Griner From Russian Prison

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. Takes Active Role In Effort To Free WNBA Star Brittney Griner From Russian Prison

Roy Jones Jr. is willing to sacrifice his own freedom for the safe return of another U.S. athlete. The Hall-of-Fame inducted former four-division champion has joined a growing list of those who are advocating for the release of WNBA star Brittney Griner, who has been held in a Russian prison since February. Griner was arrested in Moscow on February 17 after Russia customs police alleged to have found vape cartridges with hash oil in her luggage and remains imprisoned despite repeated efforts by the U.S. government to bring her home.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I was ready to criticize Roy, but he's just a retired boxer not a politician.

He is right, that we need bridges amongst all the turmoil and I hope he can be that and not just a pawn for Russian propaganda.
    NachoMan NachoMan NYboxFan NYboxFan like this.

Comment

But he is just a pawn for Russian propaganda. In fact, I consider him a Russian propagandist. People pretend to forget why Roy Jones became a Russian citizen in the first place. He wouldn't pay his taxes here. He was in trouble and might have had to go to prison. Then he got a fight in Russia, met with a Russian oligarch who agreed to pay his taxes if Roy Jones became a Russian citizen.

Roy Jones agreed, had a meeting with Putin and kissed Putin's ring. Ever since then he's been really buddy buddy with the Russian government. He pretends to be just a dumb athlete who's not involved in politics, but that's because that serves Putin's purpose. They play coy and act like it's the US being unreasonable.

Wladimir Klitschko is right to ask Roy Jones which side he's on, but anyone paying attention knows the answer. The author of this article has been covering the sport for a long time. I'm sure he knows all of this. I would not be surprised if he reported on Roy Jones becoming a Russian citizen as it happened. It's irresponsible for him not to mention those details alongside Roy Jones' claim to not be interested in politics. That omission makes this article akin to Russian propaganda because it makes Roy Jones seem like he's not a Russian propagandist.
      Last edited by javelin_fangs; 06-13-2022, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Hopefully it works and Griner learns the lesson that all countries don't have the same laws especially communist

Comment

Klitschko is such a little sensitive girl

Comment

I think it's commendable that he's trying to bring her home.

Sure, shouldn't have hash in luggage, even the oil, because that's taking quite a risk when travelling.

But a long sentence would be ridiculous. I don't agree with all that Wladimir says. It doesn't mean Roy is supporting Russia in any war just because he wants Britney Griner to be free.

Comment

Lock her up.

Comment

Just a question but what is a standard sentence so to speak for an average person getting caught sneaking weed vapes out of Russia?

Comment

Idk if those vape carts were hers, but I know she uses other girls as vapes

Comment

You have to respect other countries rules, gulag her.

Comment

Working...
                    X