Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew Urges Joshua To Use "Seek and Destroy" Strategy Against Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bellew Urges Joshua To Use "Seek and Destroy" Strategy Against Usyk

Former cruiserweight champion Tony Bellew is urging his countryman, Anthony Joshua, to use a "seek and destroy mentality" in the upcoming rematch with Oleksandr Usyk. Joshua was outboxed over twelve rounds by Usyk last September.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He either gets clipped or gasses out with 4 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post
      What he said.

Bellew love's his own voice & opinion doesn't he.

Comment

Usyks feet are very good and couple that with being a southpaw - 'seek and destroy', is a simplified version of what he needs to do.

Most of AJs success came from the lead right, the same way Bhop beat southpaws. Usyk spent his time watching the jab and got caught by some big lead rights.

If AJ has the energy to keep throwing that shot, that's how he pressures Usyk imo... The his left hand comes into play when Usyk is worried about the right.

I think energy and stamina are what he need here, I actually don't doubt he has the tools to win like others.

Comment

Mike Tyson is the greatest athlete the HW division has ever seen by virtue of being 5'10 215 lbs with a measly 71" reach yet achieving everything he did.

AJ has slow feet, wooden legs and overrated hand speed. People just see a ripped black guy and think he is a physical freak.

Fury, a fat, bald white dude, is far more athletic than that glorified weightlifter. Who has the benefit of stereotyping here? Dare I cry waycism?

Comment

Originally posted by Good ol' Douglas View Post
            Mike Tyson is the greatest athlete the HW division has ever seen by virtue of being 5'10 215 lbs with a measly 71" reach yet achieving everything he did.

AJ has slow feet, wooden legs and overrated hand speed. People just see a ripped black guy and think he is a physical freak.

Fury, a fat, bald white dude, is far more athletic than that glorified weightlifter. Who has the benefit of stereotyping here? Dare I cry waycism?

Yeah, I’d say you probably do dare since you’ve inserted race into a conversation where it wasn’t relevant.

Just go ahead and slam your agenda on the table and stop wasting everyone’s time with your cat and mouse racism.
            AmpMcv AmpMcv greeneye99 greeneye99 like this.

Comment

Chin in chest, no backwards steps, march forward, beat your chest and throw punches in bunches, no let ups, no breathers, it me or you Usyk, and it ain't gonna be me bro

That needs to be AJ's attitude.

Comment

Can't be reckless about it.
                That's how Andy beat him (and some timely rabbit punches and a push).

He must impose his will.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post
                  He does but I also don’t see much of an alternative

He can’t outbox Usyk. The last fight wasn’t exactly fought at a frantic pace and Joshua was dying in the corner at the end, so he gasses either way and he has little chance of stopping Usyk late. Usyk puts too much mental pressure on a boxer with much lower ring IQ like AJ. It’s tiring.

AJ should see it as a 4 round fight, and try to get Usyk out of there.

He won’t though, he hasn’t got that mentality or those minerals anymore. He’s petrified of being hit, doesn’t look like he enjoys being in the ring.

He’ll talk a great game, how he has a new mentality etc. as soon as Usyk puts him in his place with a straight back hand down the pipe in round 1 like he did last time, AJ will revert to type and become meek again.

the reality is Usyk is a level above anyway. I gave AJ no chance in the first fight and don’t see how that changes.
                  Last edited by deathofaclown; 06-12-2022, 05:40 AM.
                  AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

It’s not impossible but not easy because Usyk can hit back and Joshua can’t take a punch. The first shot Usyk lands will send back Joshua into his shell.
                    AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X