Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaime Munguia Drops Jimmy Kelly Three Times in Fifth To Secure Stoppage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jaime Munguia Drops Jimmy Kelly Three Times in Fifth To Secure Stoppage

Honda Center, Anaheim, California - Top middleweight contender Jaime Munguia (40-0, 32 KOs) struggled in the first four rounds. He finally unleashed his power in the fifth, to score three knockdowns to secure a stoppage of Jimmy Kelly (26-3, 10 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 06-11-2022, 10:02 PM.

The pride of Tijuana, undefeated Mexican super-star Jaime Munguia (39-0, 31 KOs), and his opponent, former world title challenger, Jimmy “Kilrain” Kelly (26-2, 10 KOs) of Manchester, UK, are ready to collide at Anaheim’s Honda Center in a 12-round super middleweight fight on Saturday, June 11, live on DAZN worldwide, excluding Mexico. (photos by Tom Hogan/Hoganphotos)

Fighters featured on the DAZN undercard Oscar Duarte (21-1-1, 17 KOs) of Chihuahua, Mexico, and his opponent, Mark Bernaldez (23-5, 17 KOs) of Cotabato, Philippines, were also in attendance to talk about their upcoming 10-round super lightweight fight. Additionally, Evan Sanchez (11-0, 6 KOs) of Parlier, CA, and IBF Minimumweight World Champion, Yokasta Valle (24-2, 9 KOs) of San Jose, Costa Rica, also participated in the festivities to promote their upcoming events.

Comment

WAR Munguia !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Wait, this **** ain't even at 160 lbs?? WTF, that makes this even worse!! Gag me. Really hate this card and hate even more that I'll watch it. Golden Boy has become a joke honestly. Used to have great matchmaking, now it's all trash and only a handful of stars. Either GB puts out a trash card with lower tier fighters or Munguia, Zurdo or Garcia headline against a bum and the rest of the card is filled out with mediocrity. Oscar would be lucky to sell his company for 10 mil, forget a billion.
        AeroED AeroED likes this.

Comment

Bro…people complain about guys like Tank’s resume. And Canelo at 24-25 was being pushed by critics to fight the two most avoided fighters at 154 and 160, Lara and GGG.

This guy got a cult following quickly after his win over Sadam Ali and has just been on the witness protection program since his fight vs Dennis Hogan.

He is exciting to watch but man, step up already.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Bro…people complain about guys like Tank’s resume. And Canelo at 24-25 was being pushed by critics to fight the two most avoided fighters at 154 and 160, Lara and GGG.

This guy got a cult following quickly after his win over Sadam Ali and has just been on the witness protection program since his fight vs Dennis Hogan.

He is exciting to watch but man, step up already.
            RED : I root for him because he does make exciting fights , and you are right he needs to start fighting some names this is his 40th fight but at the same time its like he is green AF
            AeroED AeroED likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mouzone View Post

RED : I root for him because he does make exciting fights , and you are right he needs to start fighting some names this is his 40th fight but at the same time its like he is green AF
              He was, but I'd argue he's tightened up his defense and become a more measured fighter recently. Before, when he was just face first action, fights against guys like Inoue and Hogan were interesting, cuz you could land tons of counters and out box him. But these kind of matchups aren't interesting anymore because Munguia has improved, but they are still matching him like he's a prospect. It's getting infuriating honestly

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post

He was, but I'd argue he's tightened up his defense and become a more measured fighter recently. Before, when he was just face first action, fights against guys like Inoue and Hogan were interesting, cuz you could land tons of counters and out box him. But these kind of matchups aren't interesting anymore because Munguia has improved, but they are still matching him like he's a prospect. It's getting infuriating honestly
                RED: This is what I meant by green AF

GREEN: Yeah mane its weird AF & confusing.

Comment

Interesting to see Carlos "Chema" Ocampo back in the united states. After his round 1 knockout loss to Errol Spence at welterweight four years ago he was laying low, but recently he seems comfortable at 154 if you watch his bout agaisnt Zewski who gave a difficult bout to Mean Machine before.
                  Last edited by Feroz; 06-11-2022, 03:39 PM.

Comment

YouTube part of this card just beginning with a 2-0 prospect at 154 vs a guy making his pro debut

Comment

Working...
                    X