Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Documentary Coming To Showtime in Early 2023

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Documentary Coming To Showtime in Early 2023

Showtime Sports Documentary Films presents a film examining the improbable rise of one of boxing's most guarded champions, Andre Ward, produced by Lebron James and Maverick Carter's UNINTERRUPTED. The undefeated, five-time world champion and Olympic gold medalist reveals his untold story in a deeply personal account of his journey from a turbulent childhood in Oakland, Calif., through the pressures of world championship expectations and ultimately to his induction into the International Boxing Hall of Fame this weekend. The currently untitled film will premiere on Showtime in early 2023.
    [Click Here To Read More]

rise of one of boxing's most guarded champions, Andre Ward
    Carl Froch, 1-1 with Sergey Kovalev, drained Chad Dawson who was pole-awed in less than a minute by Stevenson in his next fight.
    For once we agree.

Showtime Sports Documentary Films presents a film examining the improbable
    produced by Lebron James and Maverick Carter's UNINTERRUPTED.
    Never mInd, that explains it.

Comment

Can’t wait!

Haters about to takeover this thread……

Comment

if its half as boring as his fights were then i will be sure not to tune in

Comment

I remember once thinking that Ward and Dirrell ("the two Andres") would be the last two guys standing in the SMW Super Six tournament and that Dirrell would leave with all the trinkets.

Comment

Nice.

A documentary of a true legend of the game and a great role model for young aspiring boxers.

Still the last olympic gold medalist in boxing from the US two decades later.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              Can’t wait!

Haters about to takeover this thread……
              Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
              if its half as boring as his fights were then i will be sure not to tune in
              Man, you called it.
              Last edited by NachoMan; 06-09-2022, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Not a fan of his boxing but would love to hear his story. I'd imagine he was privileged because most can't afford to go national tournaments if they are poor. Most privileged can not box at all so it will be interesting. Glad it is being made, hope its top notch.

Comment

This is going to be one of the most boring documentaries of all time.

Comment

Deffo watching this. It's taken a few years but I've gained a newfound appreciation for his work; the man knows BOXING. It sure as hell wasn't pretty, but his road was gutsy and daring – especially going up to LHW to face one of the baddest SOBs of that era (even though he should've lost that first fight, and the outcome of the second was dodgy).

Comment

Working...
                    X