Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Munguia: Charlo Fight Would've Been Big For Me, For Boxing; A Little Sad Over How It Turned Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Munguia: Charlo Fight Would've Been Big For Me, For Boxing; A Little Sad Over How It Turned Out

Jaime Munguia never loses sight of the opponent in front of him. There remains a part of him, though, that wishes his upcoming fight on June 11 was instead the title challenge he sought one week later.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ok, active, but active against who?? Golden Boy is wasting this kid's prime.

Comment

He has & still is #1 in the WBO at 160 since 2019..

Comment

If Oscar insists on DAZN being included, we won't get Tank vs. Ryan neither! Kinda feel bad for Munguia, but he could've fought Andrade on DAZN, and possibly be the WBO Champion by now! No excuse for that one!

Comment

Nobody to blame but your promoters for trying have dazn involved when they wasn’t footing any of the bill and fight wasn’t on ppv

Comment

To be fair, if Showtime footed most or all of the bill, then Dazn can't really except to have much or any part of the promotion.

If it's 50/50 or close to that footing the bill, then there can't be complaints of a joint broadcast.

I guess that's the one benefit of a monopoly like the ufc, they make the best fight the best. The bad thing in that scenario though is that the fighters probably don't get paid as well as they'd like

Most mma fights don't last that long though, whilst boxing fights usually go longer, in general, and there's more danger to head trauma in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
              Nobody to blame but your promoters for trying have dazn involved when they wasn’t footing any of the bill and fight wasn’t on ppv
              they knew what they were doing. He’s fought nobody and they didn’t want him in w Charlo so they found a way to weasel out of it.

Comment

It seems as though Mungia's been protected for a while but now that I look back, he's had some big fights early on (in my opinion). He fought Sadam Ali (who beat Cotto for a belt, I believe), then he fought Liam Smith...he was pretty young taking these fights.

I wish he would've fought Charlo but something tells me Jermall didn't want the fight either.

Comment

Munguia dumped Andrade mando b/c he wasn't Sadam Ali.
                  Charlo just refuses to fight Andrade at all even after 10 years of beef.

So they get an opportunity to fight each other. PBC will match anyone with a Mexican. GB wasn't sure Charlo was as easy as Sadam Ali.

So we don't get the fight.

Oscar is a funny dude. He had no problem letting Santa Cruz get beat up by Prime Rigo until Haymon stepped in and saved Leo.

I dont think Munguia is a bigger name than Santa Cruz or ever will be so put him in the fight. Charlo has not progressed since the JRock fight.

Truly a 50/50 fight.
                  Last edited by hhh1200; 06-09-2022, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
                    It seems as though Mungia's been protected for a while but now that I look back, he's had some big fights early on (in my opinion). He fought Sadam Ali (who beat Cotto for a belt, I believe), then he fought Liam Smith...he was pretty young taking these fights.

I wish he would've fought Charlo but something tells me Jermall didn't want the fight either.
                    Yes but Sadam Ali looked like an ant in the ring with him. At 154 Mungia was huge.

Comment

Working...
                    X