Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Get Onboard the Inoue-Fulton Train: Weekend Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Get Onboard the Inoue-Fulton Train: Weekend Afterthoughts

We're not there yet. We got closer from Saturday night to Tuesday morning. There's a showdown brewing and this is one of those times where having a fight or two more won't hurt a thing. Naoya Inoue wants to finish his collection of straps at bantamweight. He has one to go. Stephen Fulton can add the two straps he doesn't have at Jr. featherweight in one night. Fulton's would be the tougher assignment.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Would love to see a fight between an undisputed Inoue moving up to fight an undisputed Fulton. Would be the biggest fight at 122 since Barrera Morales. I'm sure the politics will make it unlikely but it would be huge for the smaller weight classes.

Comment

Originally posted by L. Cipher View Post
      Would love to see a fight between an undisputed Inoue moving up to fight an undisputed Fulton. Would be the biggest fight at 122 since Barrera Morales. I'm sure the politics will make it unlikely but it would be huge for the smaller weight classes.
      Exactly!!!
      L. Cipher L. Cipher likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by L. Cipher View Post
        Who wins is the question to ask. Fulton is a serious talent but the Monster is exactly as stated a MONSTER awesome fight and hopefully we see it
        mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

the biggest problem is that murodjon has 3 mandatories in a row already ordered. that probably means that there won't be an undispited champion at 122 until 2024. fulton and inoue can help mj clear those obstacles. since fulton just defeated the highest ranked boxer for both of his belts, he's free. fulton - azat is the fight to make next while mj deals with rios and inoue with butler or whatever. then mj - fulton and inoue - tapales. after that the winners fight. but that's too logical to actually happen .
          mj and fulton are the same age and inoue is a year older. i don't want them to fight after they are 30 and that means 2023 at the latest. if they start to marinate, i am not interested any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

Who wins is the question to ask. Fulton is a serious talent but the Monster is exactly as stated a MONSTER awesome fight and hopefully we see it
            My money is on Fulton who I think has the most well rounded skill set in the sport and is the naturally bigger guy, but it's a GREAT fight I hope we all get to see.

Comment

Inoue is good, but Fulton is better

Comment

Fulton was hurt multiple times by a slow puncher and a decent boxer figueroa. Inoue will touch fulton once or twice and it will be lights out. Inoue is too fast and he is the hardest 1 punch fighter in the sport after wilder. Whilst fulton was still decisioning bums, inoue won the wbss ali trophy and cemented himself top 3 p4p. Whilst a 21 year old inoue knocked out narvaez who had double digit defenses and lost only once to donaire via decision, fulton was still an amateur. Inoue is too fast and powerful, and his boxing skills are severly underrated.
                CineScape CineScape Pago007 Pago007 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderFists View Post
                  Fulton was hurt multiple times by a slow puncher and a decent boxer figueroa. Inoue will touch fulton once or twice and it will be lights out. Inoue is too fast and he is the hardest 1 punch fighter in the sport after wilder. Whilst fulton was still decisioning bums, inoue won the wbss ali trophy and cemented himself top 3 p4p. Whilst a 21 year old inoue knocked out narvaez who had double digit defenses and lost only once to donaire via decision, fulton was still an amateur. Inoue is too fast and powerful, and his boxing skills are severly underrated.
                  The problem with Inoue fans is that you guys try to discredit threats to him. You said fulton was hurt multiple times by a slower puncher but conveniently left context out of it. You failed to mention that Figueroa is much bigger than fulton and fights a bully style of boxing where he uses his stature to back his opponents into the ropes and brawl inside all night. You failed to mention that fulton was outmuscled and yet still beat fig at his own game. You said fulton was beating bums while inoue won that Ali trophy by beating donaire. Since those “bums”, he has beaten two undefeated fighters, took both of their belts, and the defended against the number 3 guy in his division. Also, Fulton has beaten 3 straight guys ranked in the top 10 in ring magazine.

Its ok to praise a fighter without trying to discredit others to build confidence in your fighter winning. Inoue getting in that ring with Fulton will be the toughest fight he will ever have. He has never seen someone with the reach and height advantage that possesses speed, reflexes, and a ring iq that Fulton has. Unlike fig, inoue does not have the physical stature and strength to bully Fulton, so what the “slower boxer” did, inoue cannot do. Tell yourself Fulton is easy work all you want, you will be in for a world of hurt if this match happens.
                  Last edited by Trunkoza; 06-08-2022, 09:17 PM.

Comment

True 50/50 fight , would be a WAR !!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X