Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Berlanga: I Feel Like People Still Don't Respect My Game, I'm Still Fighting For That

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Berlanga: I Feel Like People Still Don't Respect My Game, I'm Still Fighting For That

By Thomas Gerbasi - If you're a Puerto Rican boxer, when Felix "Tito" Trinidad talks, you listen. So when the hall of famer and island icon went on a three-mile run with unbeaten rising star Edgar Berlanga, the New Yorker was all ears. Eight weeks in Puerto Rico later, Berlanga is back in the Big Apple
    [Click Here To Read More]

Edgar every time you, and every other fighter steps into the ring your collectively fighting for respect.
    All it takes is one humiliating loss, or two losses for fans to start writing you off, it's that quick.

Comment

He's a caveman with little to no skill. Stop crying about respect and work on your craft

Comment

There's respect for Berlanga.

But it's been observed that besides really good power, he doesn't have much boxing skill and has bad defence and chin.
        cruz1383 cruz1383 likes this.

Comment

Respect what exactly? He's got decent power. That's pretty cool . . .

Comment

Decent power but nothing else. I really hope he can turn it around but it doesn't seem like he will make huge improvements. He will get knocked out and 5 years from now we will wonder what ever happened to Berlanga

Comment

Not a good sign when he’s publicly projecting his insecurities about people not respecting his game. His game is not very impressive. I’m not trying to be a hater or overly critical of him but he needs to just fight and let’s us the fans figure it out. Not sure if he’ll get near the heights of cotto or Trinidad. Hanging out with Tito isn’t going to help

Comment

Dude is going nowhere. Not the hero puerto ricans are looking for. Maybe zayas.

Comment

Good power but not a lot of skill. Definitely not the next Trinidad or Cotto. He won't be a big power player at 168 that's for sure.

Comment

Does he even look at the footage of his own fights? He should be able to see that he has a lot of thing to work on and it will take more than one fight to iron them out if it can ever be corrected.

Comment

Working...
                    X