Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kambosos: Every Time I Tried To Exchange, Haney Held; He Did Hold A Lot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kambosos: Every Time I Tried To Exchange, Haney Held; He Did Hold A Lot

George Kambosos Jr.'s face was marked up following his loss to Devin Haney, but the former IBF/WBA/WBO lightweight champion claimed he was not hurt at any point during their 12-round, 135-pound title fight Sunday.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Cypocryphy Cypocryphy likes this.

That type of comment shows the fault in your gameplan.

You weren't there to 'exchange' with Haney. You were there to push him and pressure him and overwhelm him with activity. Turn it into a brawl and a dogfight, early.

You tried to pot shot and trade shots with him from the outside, which is where he feels most comfortable and maybe the only place he really feels comfortable.

Haney does duck down and hold quite a bit, but you need to blame yourself for that performance as much as anything.
    Last edited by Boxing-1013; 06-07-2022, 12:36 PM.

Comment

This is what makes boxing the sweet science interesting. Let’s see if Kambosos team can come up with a plan to neutralize Haneys tactical clinching in the rematch. He did land some clean shots in a few of the exchanges. DH jab was also a problem.
      Rackz Rackz likes this.

Comment

Kambosos was overrated from the jump...he caught Lopez at the right time & Haney was smart to accept whatever terms necessary to get him in the ring. Kambosos himself told us he was unsure of himself by all the "Art of War" nonsense and the pics he was always taking with his belts. Fact is...he's not physically strong enough, don't hit hard enough and isn't fast enough to deal with Haney, Davis, or Lomachenko. If I was on his team, I'd say "let's go get this rematch and get paid, Champ" because after that fight, not sure where he goes from there. Rematch with Lopez at 140 maybe.
        ruedboy ruedboy Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Jab jab grab is boring. But effective.

Kambosos has to come up with a better gameplan to nullify that.

Comment

I think Kombosas is highly underrated . He has some amazing footwork and great timing. He could help himself by not talking so much and carry himself more like a champion is supposed to (Example: Miguel Cotto) However, Ben Davison
            fighters are the worst fighters, if you could even call them that. To think these guys are actually training to clinch! What is that garbage? I don’t care what excuse you come up with, clinching and holding for 2:30 mins of each round is disgusting and a insult to the sport. We are here to see BOXING, not a hug fest!
            Last edited by sharkeyez; 06-07-2022, 10:21 AM.
            macmike100 macmike100 Rackz Rackz like this.

Comment

Blame the ref for not deducting points

Comment

Really it's your fault for not having a plan to deal with the holding and ducking. Haney showed nothing that we haven't seen before and showed everything we have seen before, so I dunno what Kambosos's strategy was.
                Last edited by anonymous2.0; 06-07-2022, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Is this an indirect excuse for the clinic DH gave him? He is lucky for getting his 15 minutes of fame. All he can do now is to take another schooling from DH in the rematch accompanied with a big cheque and go back to where he was before the Lopez fight, if he's still motivated enough to fight on.
                  NCBoxingPro NCBoxingPro likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkeyez View Post
                    I think Kombosas is highly underrated . He has some amazing footwork and great timing. He could help himself by not talking so much and carry himself more like a champion is supposed to (Example: Miguel Cotto) However, Ben Davison
                    fighters are the worst fighters, if you could even call them that. To think these guys are actually training to clinch! What is that garbage? I don’t care what excuse you come up with, clinching and holding for 2:30 mins of each round is disgusting and a insult to the sport. We are here to see BOXING, not a hug fest!
                    Man what you talking about haney outlanded in 9 of the 12 rounds and busted him up with a jab yeah it's not the most entertaining but it's effective and wins you big fights.
                    Sosay Sosay likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X