Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devin Haney: I Just Wanna Inspire People To Bet On Yourself; That's Truly What I Did

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Devin Haney: I Just Wanna Inspire People To Bet On Yourself; That's Truly What I Did

Devin Haney's path toward becoming boxing's first fully unified lightweight champion of the four-belt era required several sacrifices some unbeaten boxers probably wouldn't have made.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Congratulations young man, UNDISPUTED at 23 in the 4 belt era…major accomplishment. Got a huge fight as soon as he signed to ESPN and TR. very revealing
    AeroED AeroED Rodtang Rodtang like this.

Comment

Well done Devin Haney Massive accomplishment. Shame Top Rank were part of putting together a truly despicable deal for you, with paying you lower than your worth, and horrendous rematch conditions. But you backed yourself for legacy, so congratulations.

Comment

Love it. Believe in yourself even if others won't. Bivol believed in himself and so did Haney! Never give up on yourself!

- Bermuda
        greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Exactly, take the short money and be the B-side for the chance at becoming great.

All fighters should take note. Stop pricing yourselves out, earn a big win instead and then the money will flow afterwards.
          Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 06-07-2022, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post
            Well done Devin Haney Massive accomplishment. Shame Top Rank were part of putting together a truly despicable deal for you, with paying you lower than your worth, and horrendous rematch conditions. But you backed yourself for legacy, so congratulations.

not really. Haney made more for his undisputed fight as the B side than jermell got for his undisputed fight as the A side.

Arum is already angling for Haney vs Lomachenko next. Espn doesn't want the rematch.

Arum is gonna pay kambosos step aside and promise him first shot at Loma if he beats Haney. And first shot at the titles if Haney beats Loma and vacates.

Haney vs Lomachenkois next. Just watch

Comment

Originally posted by Hustle View Post

not really. Haney made more for his undisputed fight as the B side than jermell got for his undisputed fight as the A side.

Arum is already angling for Haney vs Lomachenko next. Espn doesn't want the rematch.

Arum is gonna pay kambosos step aside and promise him first shot at Loma if he beats Haney. And first shot at the titles if Haney beats Loma and vacates.

Haney vs Lomachenkois next. Just watch
              Still got less than what Dazn were paying him. And Arum is too tight to pay step aside. Oh he'll try, but he won't part with what Kambosos will look for. And I don't think Kambosos will step aside anyway. Trying to beat Haney will be more important to him. He's already got a big payday on ice. He'll not mess with that. The rematch has Kambosos getting the A Side cut and Haney despite now being champion still gets the B side rates. So that's back to back **** paydays for him. That said. I hope Arum can pull off the step aside. I think we'd all prefer Loma than Kambosos again.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Exactly, take the short money and be the B-side for the chance at becoming great.

All fighters should take note. Stop pricing yourselves out, earn a big win instead and then the money will flow afterwards.
                ———-
                Precisely. I know a guy who has perfected the shoulderRoll style to the T who did it when he accepted every single thing Oscar demanded in their 2007 fight.
                The rest, as they say, is history. Haney should go after Garcia. That fight alone could net him north of $7 million and superstar status.
                The problem is, there would be no avoiding Tank, Shakur or Loma and as much as I respect Haney, I am not too sure he beats any of those guys.

Comment

Yep, that's exactly what Haney did. And look, you're the undisputed champ. Don't even listen to the idiots who try to downplay you. They do that for a reason. The reason being you're a threat.

You bossed it on away soil. Did what you needed to do to get the prize.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

Still got less than what Dazn were paying him. And Arum is too tight to pay step aside. Oh he'll try, but he won't part with what Kambosos will look for. And I don't think Kambosos will step aside anyway. Trying to beat Haney will be more important to him. He's already got a big payday on ice. He'll not mess with that. The rematch has Kambosos getting the A Side cut and Haney despite now being champion still gets the B side rates. So that's back to back **** paydays for him. That said. I hope Arum can pull off the step aside. I think we'd all prefer Loma than Kambosos again.
                    He earned a combined $5mil to fight Linares and freakin Gamboa on DAZN,almost $3mil for Kambo and the guy is as bout as exciting as my grandma watering her garden. Dudes is getting more than his fair share considering.

Comment

Working...
                    X