Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Naoya Inoue Destroys Nonito Donaire, Stops Him In Second Round Of Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Naoya Inoue Destroys Nonito Donaire, Stops Him In Second Round Of Rematch

By Keith Idec - "The Monster" overwhelmed Nonito Donaire in their rematch Tuesday night. Japanese superstar Naoya Inoue dropped Donaire once apiece in the first and second rounds and stopped the 39-year-old Donaire quickly in their highly anticipated bantamweight championship rematch.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 06-07-2022, 08:22 AM.
    DFM DFM likes this.

WBA/IBF bantamweight world champion Naoya “Monster” Inoue is 17-0 in world title fights and only once has been pushed to the brink.

WBC bantamweight world champion Nonito “The Filipino Flash” Donaire, the four-weight kingpin whose late-career renaissance cemented his status as one of boxing’s greatest lighter weight champions, has one more shot to stun the Japanese pound-for-pound icon.

Inoue and Donaire will meet in a title unification rematch Tuesday, June 7, at Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan. Inoue and Donaire first fought in November 2019 at Saitama Super Arena, with Inoue overcoming a broken orbital bone and nose to win a unanimous decision in the consensus Fight of the Year.

Inoue-Donaire 2 and undercard bouts will stream live and exclusively in the U.S. on ESPN+ starting at 5:30 a.m. ET/2:30 a.m. PT.

Comment

I could certainly see Inoue stopping the aging Donaire, but I believe The Filipino Flash is coming to fight and will make it the distance again. Inoue W 12.

Comment

Excited for this one.

Comment

What time is this on? I'm sure I read that the undercard would be on TOPRANK YouTube in the UK starting at 5am with the main fight scheduled at about 07.30. Yet there is nothing, so I've clocked up somewhere and gone in to work 3 hours early for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
            What time is this on? I'm sure I read that the undercard would be on TOPRANK YouTube in the UK starting at 5am with the main fight scheduled at about 07.30. Yet there is nothing, so I've clocked up somewhere and gone in to work 3 hours early for nothing.
            I think it's at 11:30 A.M. for you. Main fight at 1:30 P.M.

Edit: My bad, it's at 10:30 A.M. and 12:30 P.M. I was doing time conversions in my head and was an hour off.
            Last edited by Cypocryphy; 06-07-2022, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

I think it's at 11:30 A.M. for you. Main fight at 1:30 P.M.

Edit: My bad, it's at 10:30 A.M. and 12:30 P.M. I was doing time conversions in my head and was an hour off.
              Well sir you may of been an hour off but I was about 5. Thank you. Hopefully I can fit this in between jobs, I really don't wana miss it but if I do I can't ignore the result until I'm done for the day.

This could well be a fight of the year contender.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post

Well sir you may of been an hour off but I was about 5. Thank you. Hopefully I can fit this in between jobs, I really don't wana miss it but if I do I can't ignore the result until I'm done for the day.

This could well be a fight of the year contender.
                Yeah. No sweat. Did you say you "can' ignore it before you get a chance to see it or do you mean that the fight will be spoiled because you'll end up discovering the outcome?

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

Yeah. No sweat. Did you say you "can' ignore it before you get a chance to see it or do you mean that the fight will be spoiled because you'll end up discovering the outcome?
                  Yeah I don't think I'd be able to stop myself finding out the result before I watch it tonight.
                  Toscano Toscano likes this.

Comment

Free legal stream for UK fans here - link

Comment

Working...
                    X