Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frampton Would Not Be Surprised if Donaire Shocks Inoue in Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frampton Would Not Be Surprised if Donaire Shocks Inoue in Rematch

Former two-weight world champion Carl Frampton believes a "shock" could be in store for the rematch between Nonito Donaire and Naoya Inoue. Frampton defeated Donaire in 2018 and says it is remarkable that the Filipino Flash remains at the top of the sport, on his 40th year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The monster will bodybag Nonito who is getting his last big payday. Sounds like frampton wishes he was getting Inoue money

Comment

At 39 and universally admired, Nonito has nothing left to prove. He also has nothing to lose at this point but his brain cells. Oafish of Frampton to want him to “take some punishment” in order to win—that’s dumb bravado talk, when what Donaire has to do is move and outbox the Monster. Good luck to both men, expecting a thriller.
      Dan Gleessac Dan Gleessac likes this.

Comment

Neither would I and I really hope nonito pulls it off. I take my hat off to one of the true genuine good guys of the sport that Nonito. Top bloke

Comment

I would be. Inoue is truly elite.

Comment

I will not be surprised if the flash emerge as the winner in this fight, don't forget that he was given that tampered gloves in the first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by gluvsup View Post
              At 39 and universally admired, Nonito has nothing left to prove. He also has nothing to lose at this point but his brain cells. Oafish of Frampton to want him to “take some punishment” in order to win—that’s dumb bravado talk, when what Donaire has to do is move and outbox the Monster. Good luck to both men, expecting a thriller.
              Yeah box and move to not take any damage and lose. But if he wants to win, and land that hook, then he has to catch him throwing. Donaire isn’t taking this fight to lose.

Comment

No matter how good a fighter appears to be its not until that fighter proves it in the ring that they deserve a top 10 p4p spot. Naoya Inoues best win was against a 37yr old way past his prime Donaire. Besides Donaire its Maloney. FACTS!. He skipped the HOF'S AT 118, refuses to fight the top dogs above. Ten years on and still waiting for a career defining fight.

Comment

Originally posted by oldschoolfool View Post
                  No matter how good a fighter appears to be its not until that fighter proves it in the ring that they deserve a top 10 p4p spot. Naoya Inoues best win was against a 37yr old way past his prime Donaire. Besides Donaire its Maloney. FACTS!. He skipped the HOF'S AT 118, refuses to fight the top dogs above. Ten years on and still waiting for a career defining fight.
                  You have no idea what you are talking about.

Inoue knocked out omar narvaez who was a world champ with defenses in double digits and only lost to prime donaire on a decision.

He beat taguchi who became an unified world champion after he lost to inoue

Kono who was also a decent champion and a very experienced fighter

knocked out mcdonell who was undefeated for 10 years and was a whole 2 weight classes above him

starched a respectable champ payano in the first round who had only lost once once on points

Demolished undefeated ibf champ rodriguez who was touted to be the next best thing

Donaire is 1st ballot hof and is elite at this point as well, knocking out undefeated young champs. That win over donaire is legendary.

Comment

Inoue gave him hell injured and seeing double early on. Unless people are expecting another injury, the rematch won't even be close. Monster going to get the stoppage he was robbed of in their first match.

Comment

Working...
                    X