Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fulton: When I Get To Featherweight, Get Some Belts, We'll See About Figueroa Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fulton: When I Get To Featherweight, Get Some Belts, We'll See About Figueroa Rematch

Stephen Fulton was willing to battle Brandon Figueroa again. The unbeaten WBC/WBO 122-pound champion insinuated during a recent virtual conference call that it was Figueroa who prevented them from negotiating for an immediate rematch of what was a fantastic "Fight of the Year" candidate. Fulton defeated Figueroa by majority decision in their 12-round title unification fight November 27 at Park MGM's Dolby Live in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It has to happen, was a damn good scrape. Fig will go up several weight classes and has an iron chin so it shouldn’t be a problem

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
      It has to happen, was a damn good scrape. Fig will go up several weight classes and has an iron chin so it shouldn’t be a problem
      I'd like to see Figueroa vs. GRJ @ 126! Not sure if GRJ is healed from surgery (and his Father's death), but if he is, that would be a good one!

Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

No respect here for Fulton. He was gifted that belt from Fig. Now he's playing games with it.

Comment

Originally posted by macmike100 View Post
          No respect here for Fulton. He was gifted that belt from Fig. Now he's playing games with it.
          Gifted ?!? That fight we wayyy too close and wayyyy too good to have the label as gift thrown on it. I had Fulton winning but it was a damn close damn good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by macmike100 View Post
            1. That fight was razor thin. I'd have been fine with a Figueroa win, I was fine with the Fulton win. I scored it 6-6, personally.
            2. How is fighting Danny Roman "playing games" in any way? Roman arguably deserved the win against MJ and is a former unified champion. With Figueroa moving up and MJ fighting mandatory challengers, Roman is literally the best available opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              I'd like to see Figueroa vs. GRJ @ 126! Not sure if GRJ is healed from surgery (and his Father's death), but if he is, that would be a good one!
              Yeah I’m curious if he will regain the form he had prior, he really did not look good in his loss

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Yeah I’m curious if he will regain the form he had prior, he really did not look good in his loss
                I thought he did very well for a man fighting with one arm!

Comment

I thought 8-4 was generous to Fulton, I was expecting a SD tbh.

Comment

Working...
                  X