Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Smith Promoter Responds to Frank Warren, Questions His Confidence for Yarde's Mandatory Status

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Smith Promoter Responds to Frank Warren, Questions His Confidence for Yarde's Mandatory Status

Joe DeGaurdia believes fellow promoter Frank Warren is putting the cart before the horse. DeGuardia, the head of Star Boxing, which promotes WBO light heavyweight titlist Joe Smith Jr., thinks Warren might want to tone down some of his recent comments suggesting that his charge Anthony Yarde is essentially a shoo-in to face the winner of the 175-pound unification bout between Smith and Artur Beterbiev, who holds the WBC and IBF belts.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If - and that's a big if - Yarde was made wbo mandatory it doesn't necessarily guarantee he's next as there's also WBC and ibf to consider in that equation.

Also, another world title shot for Yarde against a unified chpion is life changing for him only by potentially providing a retirement payday. He isn't beating beterbiev/Bivol/Smith.

Yarde should probably take some fights, and earn some money he can bank, whilst waiting for that title shot. But Warren daresnt risk him against anyone decent as there's a very good chance he loses. In the meantime he's earning shjit.

Comment

Not giving Yarde some form of fight in the interim fight just looks suicidal. He's bet the house of Yarde getting that fight and on that date.
      He could have just given a little run out on the fury undercard to keep him ticking over.
      Has Frank lost faith in him?

Comment

Kovalev KO’d this fraud with a jab. Beterbiev ends him
        REMOVE SHARK 5510 REMOVE SHARK 5510 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
          If - and that's a big if - Yarde was made wbo mandatory it doesn't necessarily guarantee he's next as there's also WBC and ibf to consider in that equation.

Also, another world title shot for Yarde against a unified chpion is life changing for him only by potentially providing a retirement payday. He isn't beating beterbiev/Bivol/Smith.

Yarde should probably take some fights, and earn some money he can bank, whilst waiting for that title shot. But Warren daresnt risk him against anyone decent as there's a very good chance he loses. In the meantime he's earning shjit.
          Retirement payday?

Yarde won't even make 1 million dollars for this fight
          REMOVE SHARK 5510 REMOVE SHARK 5510 likes this.

Comment

Smith would spark Yarde, Beterbiev would annihilate him inside 3/4 rounds... similar scenes to how kovalev did nathan cleverly back then, however i think Beterbiev is stronger and hits harder then kovalev... so maybe that fight lasts 2/3 rounds at best.

Comment

I picked Yarde over the crusher, but that was before I found out about Yardes training. I picked him because he's smart, but that can get in the way too. Maybe he's too smart. No sparring avoids damage in training, but then no recourse in a real fight. Practice makes perfect.
              BlakBread904 BlakBread904 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                I picked Yarde over the crusher, but that was before I found out about Yardes training. I picked him because he's smart, but that can get in the way too. Maybe he's too smart. No sparring avoids damage in training, but then no recourse in a real fight. Practice makes perfect.
                Likewise.

Yarde and James Toney exist on opposite ends of the boxing spectrum in regards to training.

Comment

Originally posted by Hustle View Post

Retirement payday?

Yarde won't even make 1 million dollars for this fight
                  Whatever he gets, it's his retirement payday as it's the most he's getting, he isn't beating any of the champs, and has nowhere much else to.go after losing.

Comment

If Joe Smith learns to jab and keep doing it round by round he can defeat Beterbiev.
                    PunchyPotorff PunchyPotorff likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X