Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Morrell: I Don't Believe That I'm On Canelo's Radar Right Now; That's Just A Fact

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Morrell: I Don't Believe That I'm On Canelo's Radar Right Now; That's Just A Fact

MINNEAPOLIS - David Morrell Jr. is a realist. The unbeaten Cuban can call out Canelo Alvarez all he wants, but Morrell doesn't feel it'll do much good even in a world where boxers sometimes talk their way into paydays. As much as owning the WBA's secondary super middleweight title places their names near each other in one sanctioning organization's rankings, Morrell realizes Alvarez doesn't consider him a potential opponent in the foreseeable future.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 06-03-2022, 03:27 PM.

Why would you be? You havent been in the ring with anyone of note.

Comment

Benavidez should fight this dude next. Or plant
      garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

A lot of Canelo opponents had mobility. Lara, Jacobs, Trout, Saunders, Plant had mobility. None of them even came remotely close to giving Canelo the issues Bivol gave them.

The case with Bivol was not mobility, Canelo “landed” plenty of power shots on Bivol’s gloves and elbows. Canelo also caught Bivol with a few clean uppercuts that did nothing to Bivol. Bivol wasn’t even as mobile than those aforementioned fighters, let alone more mobile.

Bivol’s MAIN advantage was his SIZE as a true LHW and HEIGHT, in relation to his skills. A 5’8” Bivol wouldn’t have the success he had. Plain and simple.

Yes, I get it, Canelo was 180lbs and Bivol was 180lbs. But just like Qawi vs Foreman and Holyfield, while they were all around the same weight, it doesn’t change the fact that Qawi was too small for Foreman at HW and Holyfield at Cruiserweight. A 5’5” guy at CW and HW, no matter if he’s 300lbs, is still way out of his league versus the ELITE there.

Canelo could have been 200lbs vs Bivol’s 183lbs as his critics want to convince everyone was the case, Bivol was still too big for Canelo.
        Hype job Hype job likes this.

Comment

yeah of course hes not on the radar, not a stiff european robot
          garfios garfios Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            A lot of Canelo opponents had mobility. Lara, Jacobs, Trout, Saunders, Plant had mobility. None of them even came remotely close to giving Canelo the issues Bivol gave them.

The case with Bivol was not mobility, Canelo “landed” plenty of power shots on Bivol’s gloves and elbows. Canelo also caught Bivol with a few clean uppercuts that did nothing to Bivol. Bivol wasn’t even as mobile than those aforementioned fighters, let alone more mobile.

Bivol’s MAIN advantage was his SIZE as a true LHW and HEIGHT, in relation to his skills. A 5’8” Bivol wouldn’t have the success he had. Plain and simple.

Yes, I get it, Canelo was 180lbs and Bivol was 180lbs. But just like Qawi vs Foreman and Holyfield, while they were all around the same weight, it doesn’t change the fact that Qawi was too small for Foreman at HW and Holyfield at Cruiserweight. A 5’5” guy at CW and HW, no matter if he’s 300lbs, is still way out of his league versus the ELITE there.

Canelo could have been 200lbs vs Bivol’s 183lbs as his critics want to convince everyone was the case, Bivol was still too big for Canelo.
            Nice attempt to minimize Bivols domination but the truth is, canelo was outskilled and out willed more than he was outsized. Canelo has beaten bigger men before but their skill was limited and they were hesitant to let their hands go. They also let Canelo dictate the pace. Bivol didn’t. He controlled the fight with his boxing skills and refusal to allow Canelo to get the last punch in exchanges. Honestly, it looks like you’re just making excuses because I don’t see any Canelo fans saying that the main reason that he beat guys like khan and Cotto was because of his size, and in those cases he significantly outweighed both.

Comment

Canelo: Who the fook that amateur guy?

Comment

He's on Benevidez' radar. I heard Benevidez say Morrell, and a few other things. Canelo is occupied, Mall and Andrade are too small. I think Morrell beats both them anyway and he's still an underdog vs Benevidez. This is a the better fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Or Clenelo did not do the right drugs.

Canelo is B+ fighter, the difference is Bivol picked him up into little pieces little by little.

Comment

Wow! Morrell is super-confident. He wants Benavidez & it seems to concern him that he isn't in the market for Canelo. You've had SIX pro fights bro! SIX!

Comment

Working...
                    X