Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Robert Garcia is Fantastic Addition, I Truly Believe Joshua Will Beat Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Robert Garcia is Fantastic Addition, I Truly Believe Joshua Will Beat Usyk

Eddie Hearn, promoter for two-time heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua, is pleased with his boxer's decision to add Robert Garcia to the training team. Last September, Oleksandr Usyk outboxed Joshua over twelve rounds to capture the IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight titles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This dude is praying his cash cow pulls it off, I just don't see it. Unlike Ruiz Usyk is a true professional.
    SteelFist01 SteelFist01 likes this.

Comment

Not just cos I'm a Nigerian, but tell u this AJ fought a wrong tactic and this he will be a different animal with all is attributes
      Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Hearn should put his house on it @ nearly 3/1 .....he won't!!

Comment

The vampire is just praying his meal ticket wins. It’s going to be dire for the “global domination”!(lol) Olafemi gets goomed

Comment

magic mushrooms and whisky make ed sperm talk nut sac absolute bollo..s

Comment

Even as he said it, Hearn acknowledged saying Usyk doesn't like getting hit is a truism, as no one likes getting hit. He's not adding much to the conversation there and, besides, Usyk appears to take a punch as well as anyone in the division.

I'm unconvinced about how much Garcia will add, though I'm keeping an open mind.

Ultimately, the key factors aren't much changed from when we were heading into the first fight. Joshua is the bigger, stronger man and should, in theory, be able to offer much more offense. He absolutely has to let his hands go and attempt to bully Usyk. I suppose here is where Hearn does add some sage advice, with the bit about smart aggression/not being reckless, but I would suggest it is better to lean toward reckless aggression than to slip into the conservative, reactive approach he employed in the first fight that allowed Usyk to fight exactly as suited him best.

Comment

How many heavyweights has Robert Garcia trained???????? how many HW champs has he produced?

Comment

To me the thing is Garcia can perfect ajs left hook as I've seen him do with other fighters but he's gotta work on the right also along with the uppercut lif he catch him on the inside . if he can have Joshua throw combinations like maidana vs broner without gassing then he's got a damn good shot but against someone like usyk is a whole different ball park .

Comment

I don't mind the appointment but I don't know if anyone can fix AJ enough in a shirt space of time.

If he had 2-3 years to rebuild and several fights with a new trainer then yeah I think it's possible AJ could beat Usyk but in 1 camp that's a lot of issues to correct.

I think whatever gamelan they have, they need to say look we try it for a round or 2 and if it's not working AJ has to bull rush him while he's still got gas in the tank.

Comment

Working...
                    X