Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez: Until Charlo Fight Finally Happens, Everything Coming Out Of His Mouth Is Bull****

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Benavidez: Until Charlo Fight Finally Happens, Everything Coming Out Of His Mouth Is Bull****

GLENDALE, Arizona - David Benavidez feels like he's been down this road before with Jermall Charlo. The former two-time WBC super middleweight titlist--who now holds an interim version of the belt--has been made well aware of Charlo's claim that he is now willing to enter such a matchup. It's been discussed several times before, previously ending with a litany of excuses as to why it can't happen though with recent talks suggesting the Houston native is up for such a clash--next year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

“These people don’t understand. They don’t want to give nobody credit. They just want to be like, ‘I’m the face of the show’ but that’s not how boxing works. In order to get to the next level, I need Charlo, I need Caleb Plant, I need Canelo. That’s just the reality of that.”

This shows maturity from Benavidez.... others need to take note.

Comment

In surprised Plant still wants to continue in boxing, after that juicy payday against Canelo.

Benavidez is the real deal. I'd like to see him against Morrell, who although hasn't many pro fights, has a lot of amateur fights and is very skilled.
      Boxing Beast Boxing Beast likes this.

Comment

Benavidez has the right mindset. Fight the best available competition, keep winning impressively and the Canelo fight will come. Charlo on the other hand has no intention of fighting anybody with a pulse let alone Benavidez until perhaps after he has secured the Canelo bag. Plant already did so perhaps he is willing. Benavidez should focus on him for now. Charlo been in the game in 11 years and still ain't fought anyone of note. That says a lot about him.

Comment

How much begging can one do. Charlo said that he would move up to 168 only for the clenelo fight. why don't beggavidez move up and fight Bivol

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
            How much begging can one do. Charlo said that he would move up to 168 only for the clenelo fight. why don't beggavidez move up and fight Bivol
            Why does Charlo just want to waltz into a Canelo payday at 168 lbs, instead of earning it by beating a top 168 lber first?
            bigsmoothh bigsmoothh likes this.

Comment

I don’t see any top guy at 168 giving him a chance. He needs to see if 175 pound boys will let him play, then move back down if he can.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                In surprised Plant still wants to continue in boxing, after that juicy payday against Canelo.

Benavidez is the real deal. I'd like to see him against Morrell, who although hasn't many pro fights, has a lot of amateur fights and is very skilled.
                I don't think he really does. I think he will parlay the fame he got from fighting canelo into one more moderately big fight to cash out before he rides off into the sunset.

Comment

All with PBC, all on a similar fight schedule, yet none of them fight eachother, just jaw about it to the media.

Probably all equally at fault. Definitely all just looking for the canelo payday rather than fight to earn it.

They gotta is TELL their management "I want THAT fight next, make it!" and be that guy to step up.

Comment

I like the way Benavides talks he seems to be on point, and looking for the fights. Hope he gets a get run of killers and becomes legend. Its very early to know if he is that good but he very well may be, lets see

Comment

Working...
                    X