Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia-Jose Benavidez Set at 154, July 30 On Showtime At Barclays Center

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia-Jose Benavidez Set at 154, July 30 On Showtime At Barclays Center

Danny Garcia will end a year-plus long ring absence with a fight at a new weight. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that a July 30 date is penciled in for Philadelphia's Garcia to make his junior middleweight debut, which will come versus former title challenger Jose Benavidez Jr. The fight will headline a Showtime card from Barclays Center in Brooklyn, where Garcia has fought on eight previous occasions including the building's first ever boxing event in October 2012.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

I'm oddly interested in this for some reason

Comment

Meh. Garcia didn’t even carry any power up from 140 and he’s not the best of boxers.

Benavidez is cripple with a gammy leg, he can barely move. He should be in the Paralympics.

Comment

Let's go DSG!
        chepboxingking chepboxingking likes this.

Comment

Yeah I'm weirdly interested in this fight also.

Comment

I doubt Danny G would consider Jose a tuneup fight.
            Danny G is known for taking tuneups first after a long layoff.

Comment

If Danny sticks with this level of competition at 154 I see him having a great run. Any of the top 5 guys there murder him

Comment

not bad for his 154 Debut, it sucks that Jose got shot in his leg and it messed up his career
                BlakBread904 BlakBread904 likes this.

Comment

I'm just curious to see DSG power at 154 cuz if he doesn't carry it up he gonna get hurt bad.
                  Mammoth Mammoth likes this.

Comment

Yes, I've been mentioning this fight to see how the common opponents between Spence/TC matchup against each other.

Also, because Jose is the right kind of guy to see if Danny is still trying to compete or just going through the motions. Jose was laboring in his last fight, Danny can't lose to someone like that and show his face anymore.

I was hoping it would be undercard to David Benavidez/Plant though. Don't like it as much as a main event.
                    Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 06-01-2022, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X