Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas (Non-Covid Virus) Forced To Withdraw From June 11 ESPN Show In NYC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas (Non-Covid Virus) Forced To Withdraw From June 11 ESPN Show In NYC

Xander Zayas will no longer appear on a boxing event that was near and dear to his heart. A viral infection--not related to Covid-19--leaves the unbeaten Puerto Rican junior middleweight unable to proceed with a scheduled June 11 clash with Uzbekistan's Ravshan Hudaynazarov (19-5, 14KOs). The bout was to serve as the ESPN-televised co-feature from Madison Square Garden's Hulu Theater in New York City on the eve of the annual Puerto Rican Day parade, with the rest of the show to go on without the 19-year-old prospect. "I am sorry to announce that I was forced to pull out of my fight on June 11," Zayas noted in a statement provided by Top Rank. "I have done my best to get well, however, my condition got worse over the past few days. As much as I love this sport and wanted to put on a show at Madison Square Garden for the fans, my health comes first."
    [Click Here To Read More]

Is covid still a thing? Isn't monkeypox the hot thing now? Anyway that really sucks for the kid, he's looking like a promising talent out of PR. Would have been some great exposure.

Comment

Sucks really felt after this fight , the next one he'd step up the competition. Hopefully they don't reschedule the same opponent

Comment

Gutted for the kid but he'll be back stronger than ever!
        Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

[QUOTE=jonnyc420;n31442010]Is covid still a thing?/QUOTE]

Are you stupid?

Comment

Dam the card is doomed now

Comment

That's too bad. He fought 6 times in '21 but only once this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardi View Post
                Sucks really felt after this fight , the next one he'd step up the competition. Hopefully they don't reschedule the same opponent
                I was looking forward to seeing Xander Zayas in his 14th fight, although not against his unknown opponent.
                So I agree with you 100% that it appears that Xander should be fighting better quality opponents, that are familiar to the boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
                  That's too bad. He fought 6 times in '21 but only once this year.
                  I also was hoping to see Xander match those number of fights this year, will be lucky if we see him fight 3 or 4 times this year.
                  What ever virus he has I hope that it isn't anything serious, he appears to have a bright future ahead of him in boxing.

Comment

Dam that guys hot af

Comment

Working...
                    X