Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: People Don't Deserve Rematch If They Get Knocked Out Like Romero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: People Don't Deserve Rematch If They Get Knocked Out Like Romero

NEW YORK - Gervonta Davis laughed when he was informed during their post-fight press conference that Rolando Romero requested an immediate rematch a few minutes earlier Sunday morning.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Agreed. Also don’t think you should get a rematch if you get beaten in decisive fashion either. That’s why I’m not a fan of these rematch clauses A sides like to pull. If you got your ass whooped, get to the back of the line.

Comment

I can understand that. But they had a good build up plus rolly was surprisingly winning the fight until he got dropped.if rolly could get some nice wins under him I wouldn’t mind seeing it again

Comment

Unfortunately, Tank is right. While i commend Rolly's spirited effort and courageous championship heart but yet he was still decisively KO by Davis. So no, I agree with Gervonta here. There is no need for a rematch. The fight wasn't deserving of one.
        Last edited by champion4ever; 05-30-2022, 08:08 PM.
        real raw real raw t9190kp t9190kp like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
          Agreed. Also don’t think you should get a rematch if you get beaten in decisive fashion either. That’s why I’m not a fan of these rematch clauses A sides like to pull. If you got your ass whooped, get to the back of the line.
          Your logic is sound but a rematch clause gave us a great heavyweight trilogy just recently.

Comment

It scares me that they are talking about this non sense. And not talking about a step up. Tank is next level they need to take him there

Comment

Maybe some of these guys calling Tank shorty etc. will get wise. Ryan Garcia is tall but Tank always seems to connect that left uppercut from nowhere. Garcia has a sharp hook but he needs to land it to beat Tank. Rolly did well but got KOd so that is done. Tank is dangerous for all 135 lb fighters whether they know it or not.
              champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Tank should rematch Cruz at some point but Rolly was ruined with a 1 punch knockout. If you had Rolly up 3-2 cool or vice versa but it's not the same as being up 8-2 and getting caught. Tank was finally getting his rhythm and caught Rolly on the button. That said Rolly still has alot of fun fights he could get into.
                champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                  Agreed. Also don’t think you should get a rematch if you get beaten in decisive fashion either.
                  Erik Morales beat Manny in decisive fashion in the first fight. The rematches gave us a memorable trilogy.

Hasim Rahman beat Lennox Lewis in decisive fashion in the first fight. The rematch gave us a memorable knockout to avenge.

Margacheato beat Cotto decisively in the first fight. The rematch gave us a memorable beating to avenge.

Ortiz beat Berto decisively in the first fight. The rematches gave us an ATG trilogy.

Rematches make perfect sense as long as it's understood: whoever wins twice, that's it. You move on.

Real warriors want a chance to prove it was a fluke.

We need to celebrate that.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

Real warriors want a chance to prove it was a fluke.

We need to celebrate that.
                    so u think rolly is a real warrior?

Comment

Working...
                    X