Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis on Romero Trash Talk: I Knew It Was All About Selling The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis on Romero Trash Talk: I Knew It Was All About Selling The Fight

There was a lot of trash talking in the months leading up to Saturday's lightweight clash between Gervonta Davis and Rolando Romero. At the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, Davis knocked out Romero in the sixth round after landing a tremendous left hand counter.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Rolly started feeling himself too much. Tank is a few levels above him and always will be. I thought rolly could make it to the decision but he’s not disciplined enough. Tank called it to a tee. “He’s like a new fighter that does a couple things right in the gym and thinks he’s nice”. Which is exactly what happened. Then he got knocked out. Lol

Comment

I don't care what anyone else thinks, in Davis I saw a fighter who is more comfortable, more focused with kids now, more smiles, more relaxed. And in the ring I saw Davis exhibit patience and finding the right range and timing to flatten Romero with something big. Most big punchers swing for the fences and fight arrogantly and show no respect for what is coming back. Davis was like a Cobra and struck when the time was right.
      BoxingIsGreat BoxingIsGreat likes this.

Comment

Go Tank. Right time to catch the ageing Lomachenko. Will do a lots of good to your career

Comment

Rolly will become the next Mayorga, his mouth will sell fights but won’t make it big, just put on a show.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            I don't care what anyone else thinks, in Davis I saw a fighter who is more comfortable, more focused with kids now, more smiles, more relaxed. And in the ring I saw Davis exhibit patience and finding the right range and timing to flatten Romero with something big. Most big punchers swing for the fences and fight arrogantly and show no respect for what is coming back. Davis was like a Cobra and struck when the time was right.
            Like Davis and his skill set is elite, but Romero is amateurish and left himself wide open with that lunging off balance right hand - how could Davis miss the left
            counter with Rolly right hand at his waist.

BoxingIsGreat BoxingIsGreat likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post
              Go Tank. Right time to catch the ageing Lomachenko. Will do a lots of good to your career
              Not yet, will wait til Loma shows more vulnerabilities and decline in skill…around 40. Floyd will repeat what he said a few yrs ago - “ Tank aint ready for Loma yet “…despite Davis having over 20 fights at the time.
              Last edited by IRONCHINHAGLER; 05-29-2022, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Good win for Tank. He showed patience against an unorthodox style. Romero did not have the defense or chin to beat Davis. I hit on Davis by K.O or T.K.O in the sixth but I had so many bets on the fight that I lost a few dollars, lol. Would love to see Davis step up against the Haney/ Kambo winner or even Shakur Stevenson. It would be interesting to see Shakur move up and fight some of the best lightweights!

Comment

Originally posted by IRONCHINHAGLER View Post
                  Not yet, will wait til Loma shows more vulnerabilities and decline in skill…around 40. Floyd will repeat what he said a few yrs ago - “ Tank aint ready for Loma yet “…despite Davis having over 20 fights at the time.
                  Loma gets highly praised for beating belt holders who had already been beaten before. Tank destroys Pedraza and ppl call him a bum. Loma beats Pedraza and gets all this praise. Loma best win was an unproven Russel Jr. Let's not forget Loma turned pro at 25 after perfecting his craft fighting kids in the amateurs. Canelo had over 40 fights when he fought an old Floyd and ppl still say he was young

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                    Loma gets highly praised for beating belt holders who had already been beaten before. Tank destroys Pedraza and ppl call him a bum. Loma beats Pedraza and gets all this praise. Loma best win was an unproven Russel Jr. Let's not forget Loma turned pro at 25 after perfecting his craft fighting kids in the amateurs. Canelo had over 40 fights when he fought an old Floyd and ppl still say he was young
                    I don't remember many people calling Tank Davis a bum after he fought Pedraza. I think some criticized him for not fighting higher-level opposition. If the criticism is true, it t is probably better attributable to his promoter and handlers than to Tank himself. This, in turn, results from the current fixation on being undefeated. Davis will fight anyone put in front of him and can probably beat anyone in and around his weight division. He is skilled, exciting, and punches with great power. He should be allowed to fight the best possible opposition. Rolly falls way short of that level.

Comment

Working...
                    X